Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Discover Simar Hotel Araranguá, Brazil!

Simar Hotel Araranguá Brazil

Simar Hotel Araranguá Brazil

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Discover Simar Hotel Araranguá, Brazil!

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits? Well, Let's Dive into Simar Hotel Araranguá, Brazil! (Spoiler: It's Complicated!)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to unpack the Simar Hotel in Araranguá, Brazil. The brochure promised "unbelievable luxury," and honey, I'm here to decode if that promise holds water. Let's get real, hotels are like relationships: beautiful on the surface, but often hiding all sorts of delightful – and occasionally nightmarish – secrets.

SEO & Metadata (Let’s Get Googling!):

  • Title: Simar Hotel Araranguá Review: Luxury or Letdown? Unpacking the Experience.
  • Keywords: Simar Hotel Araranguá, Brazil hotels, luxury hotels Brazil, Araranguá accommodation, wheelchair accessible hotels, spa hotels Brazil, family-friendly hotels Brazil, reviews, amenities, accessibility, spa, dining, cleanliness, safety, Wi-Fi, Araranguá travel.
  • Meta Description: Honest review of the Simar Hotel in Araranguá, Brazil. Discover its accessibility, dining options, spa services, cleanliness, and overall experience. Is it truly luxurious? Read our unfiltered take!

(Deep Breath) Okay, Let's Start at the Beginning… or Where I Fell Ass-First into the Deep End:

Accessibility & My Stumbling Start:

Now, I’m not in a wheelchair, but my grandma and I were travelling together and it’s always something to keep in mind. The brochure made a big deal about “facilities for disabled guests.” Okay, cool, sounds promising. And the elevator? Thank goodness, because climbing those stairs with my suitcase and her walker would have been a disaster. Still, I wish I’d asked more specific questions. While there are elevators and it looked to have wheelchair accessibility, the ramp leading to the pool area was… well, let’s just say it was a bit steep. Grandma managed, but her walker nearly joined an impromptu synchronized swimming routine. We're talking a serious heart-in-your-throat situation. Note to self: Always, always, ask for specific dimensions and actual photos if accessibility is a major concern.

On-Site Accessible Restaurants & Lounges: Check! I'm pretty sure there was. However, it was a bit hard to tell since the whole place felt very… sprawling.

Getting Connected: Internet & Stuff That Actually Works (Sometimes):

Okay, let’s talk Internet. "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" they shouted from the rooftops. And mostly… it worked. Internet was available, if a little weak at times. I'm not saying I had to huddle in the hallway to get a decent signal like some digital nomad trying to freelancing life, but let's just say the hotel wifi was more “eh, it's there” than “blazing fast, stream-anything” levels of awesome. Internet [LAN]? I'm guessing they had it, but who uses LAN anymore? Internet services were… well, they provided internet. No complaints here, I guess. Wi-Fi in public areas? Yep, that was a thing. Actually, the signal seemed stronger in the lobby. Go figure.

My Room: A Tale of Two Halves (and a Slightly Smelly Bathroom):

My room, which was a non-smoking one (thank goodness!), was… mixed. The Air conditioning worked like a CHAMP. Bliss. The Blackout curtains were phenomenal, which meant I could sleep in until noon without the Brazilian sun trying to cook me alive. We had a desk (hello, laptop workspace!), an Ironing facilities (never used it, but good to know!), a minibar (slightly overpriced, but hey, I was on vacation!), a refrigerator, a safe box… and the usual suspects: Satellite/cable channels, shower, toiletries, towels, a hair dryer, a coffee/tea maker, and a slippers. I loved my bathrobes. Everything was mostly clean and the decor was alright. BUT! The bathroom. Oh, the bathroom. It had a… distinctive… odor. Not sewage, mind you, more like… old wet towels mixed with something vaguely chemical. It wasn't terrible, but it definitely made me hesitate before taking a bubble bath. The Separate shower/bathtub was awesome.

The bed itself was wonderfully comfy. The Additional toilet was missing, but I could manage without it fine.

Rooms sanitization between stays was a huge plus, as was the fact that it appeared to have anti-viral cleaning products.

Services & Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Baffling:

  • Air conditioning in public area - Duh! It's Brazil.
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events. Now that’s not something I needed, but sounds grand!
  • Business facilities – They had them. Probably. I didn't need to fax anything (gasp).
  • Cash withdrawal - Useful!
  • Concierge - He was helpful-ish. Didn't really go above and beyond, but got you where you needed to go.
  • Daily housekeeping - My room was always lovely and very tidy.
  • Doorman - Present.
  • Dry cleaning/Laundry service - Awesome. Got my favorite shirt back wrinkle-free.
  • Elevator - Essential.
  • Facilities for disabled guests - See above; could be better.
  • Food delivery - I didn't order, but seemed available.
  • Gift/souvenir shop - A bit overpriced, but good for a quick "I forgot a gift!" panic.
  • Indoor venue for special events - Probably existed.
  • Invoice provided - Yes, of course, and I filed for reimbursement!
  • Ironing service - Good if needed!
  • Luggage storage - Handy when waiting for the airport transfer.
  • Meeting/banquet facilities/Meetings/Meeting stationery - Didn't experience.
  • On-site event hosting - Seems like they do events.
  • Outdoor venue for special events - I'm guessing there's one!
  • Safety deposit boxes - Always a good thing.
  • Smoking area - Because people still do that.
  • Terrace - Nice for a drink.
  • Xerox/fax in business center - Didn't have much use, but cool.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: A Rollercoaster of Flavors (and a Few Minor Mishaps):

Okay, the food… this is where things got interesting.

  • A la carte in restaurant: Yes! Though the menu was a bit… limited.
  • Breakfast [buffet]: The piece de resistance! Delicious. Fresh fruit, pastries, the works. Western breakfast with eggs, bacon, and everything.
  • Buffet in restaurant: Yep, it was extensive, if a little chaotic.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: Plentiful.
  • Desserts in restaurant: Decent, but didn't blow me away.
  • International cuisine in restaurant: Fairly representative of the area.
  • Poolside bar: This was a highlight! Drinks were good.
  • Restaurants: There were a few options.
  • Room service [24-hour]: A lifesaver. Especially when I was nursing a minor coffee-induced caffeine crash at 3 AM.
  • Snack bar: Useful for a quick bite.
  • Vegetarian restaurant: I swear there was one nearby!

The Asian breakfast was a pleasant surprise, and I was very impressed with the Asian cuisine in restaurant.

The "Unbelievable Luxury" Disconnect:

I remember one morning, I was enjoying the breakfast buffet. I went to get a second coffee and… it was cold. Not lukewarm. Cold. When I asked, the waiter just shrugged. "It happens," he said. A genuine "luxury" hotel, I thought, would have rushed to fix the problem. But hey, I laughed it off. Part of the charm, right? Right?

Cleanliness & Safety: The Essentials Done (Mostly) Right:

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Reassuring in the current climate.
  • Cashless payment service: Convenient!
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Good job!
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere, which I appreciated.
  • Hot water linen and laundry washing: Excellent.
  • Hygiene certification: Tick!
  • Individually-wrapped food options: A nice touch.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Mostly observed.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Seems like it.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Very important!

There was a doctor/nurse on call, and a first aid kit.

The Spa: A Glimmer of True Bliss? (But with a Catch…)

Okay, now the spa. This is

Escape to Lake Garda: Stunning Belvilla Apartment Awaits!

Book Now

Simar Hotel Araranguá Brazil

Simar Hotel Araranguá Brazil

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Simar Hotel in Araranguá, Brazil. This isn't your sterile, perfectly-planned travelogue. This is the real deal, diary-of-a-hot-mess edition. Expect typos, emotional outbursts, and the occasional existential crisis. Let's go.

Day 1: Arrival and "Oh My God, The Beach!"

  • 06:00 AM: My alarm screams. I hate mornings. Especially mornings that involve long-haul flights. Packed like a sardine in that economy seat for what felt like an eternity, muttering under my breath about the cost of airport coffee. Worth it, though, right? RIGHT?
  • 14:00 PM (Local Time): ARRIVAL! Finally, Araranguá! The airport is… well, it's functional. Immigration was a breeze. I practically skipped through, giddy with freedom. The guy at the baggage claim looked like he'd seen a thousand lost souls. I felt him. Luggage? Success!
  • 15:00 PM: Checked into Simar Hotel. The lobby is… charmingly chaotic. Think faded tropical prints, a slightly-sticky tiled floor, and a constant hum of Portuguese chatter. Instantly lovable. The receptionist, a woman with a smile that could melt glaciers, told me my room has a sea view. Sea view?! I love her already.
  • 16:00 PM: Room. Success! But the sea view? Dear GOD. It's the ocean! I'm talking, waves crashing, sun glistening, seagulls squawking a chorus of pure joy. Dropped my bag, threw open the balcony doors, and almost wept. Seriously, I think some salty tears might have escaped. This is why I travel. This is everything.
  • 17:00 PM: Beach time! First impressions? SAND. Glorious, soft sand. The beach is not as crowded as I expected, which I love! Walked along the coastline. Locals playing soccer, dogs chasing the waves (a particularly goofy golden retriever stole my heart), and the air? It smells of salt and… happiness. Just pure, unadulterated happiness. This is a big win.
  • 18:00 PM: Tried to find a beach bar. Walked and walked. Turned out I was walking in the wrong direction, and the sun has set, so it was dark. Got a pizza for dinner, which, frankly, was a bit bland. But I sat on the beach, eating pizza, and was still happy about my day.

Day 2: The Dive and Drama

  • 08:00 AM: Breakfast buffet. The coffee is strong. Life-affirming. I nearly hoarded the pastries. No regrets.
  • 09:00 AM: Snorkeling. Got a tour at the hotel. The equipment was a bit… well-used. The instructor, a cheerful guy named Lucas, tried to reassure me, but I’m not gonna lie. I was terrified. I’m not a strong swimmer, and I'm pretty sure there are things in the ocean that would love to eat my face.
  • 09:30 AM: In the water. OH MY GOD. So cold. I think I yelped. Did a terrible job snorkelling, but still saw the most amazing fishes, corals, and other marine life. I'm still unsure what the other marine life was, other than it was a big fish that I don't think I was in the water for too long.
  • 11:00 AM: Post-snorkel euphoria. I still have all my limbs! Celebrated with a (rather expensive) caipirinha at the beach bar Lucas recommended. Lucas' recommendation has me laughing, as the bar was pretty average. But it was the beach!
  • 13:00 PM: Lunch. At the hotel, of course. After the snorkel experience, anything other than a room service in my bed was a little difficult.
  • 20:00 PM: Trying to find a restaurant to have dinner. It's hard! Found a nice restaurant, but I felt super underdressed, and awkward. I ate a steak. I'm not sure what I was expecting.

Day 3: The Rollercoaster of Emotions

  • 08:00 AM: I think I need another coffee. It's the only think keeping me together.
  • 09:00 AM: I decide to book a massage. I heard that the hotel had a super good massage service. The masseuse, a woman named Maria, was an angel. She kneaded out all the tension I didn't even know I was carrying. Almost fell asleep. Bliss.
  • 11:00 AM: Took the elevator to go back to my room. Elevator breaks down. Panic. Small confined space. My heart starts to race. I called down to the reception by banging on the door. It was short, and I was released. I am too old for these things!
  • 12:00 AM: I ate lunch.
  • 14:00 PM: Beach. I just want to be back on the beach. Spent hours walking, collecting shells, and staring at the horizon. Found peace.
  • 18:00 PM: More pizza. This time, the pizza was slightly better. Still ate on the beach. Still happy.

Day 4: The Meltdown and The Magic

  • 07:00 AM: Woke up feeling… meh. Everything felt a little too much. The language barrier frustration was building. The fact that I can't even order a simple coffee without gesturing wildly was starting to grate. Had a good cry. Briefly considered throwing my phone in the ocean.
  • 08:00 AM: More coffee. Needed it desperately.
  • 09:00 AM: Decided to talk to the receptionist. She listened patiently as I rambled about my anxieties and frustrations. And then she smiled that smile again and said, in broken but heartfelt English, "You are okay. Relax. Enjoy."
  • 09:30 AM: Back to the beach.
  • 10:00 AM - 18:00 PM: I went back to the beach. I lost track of time. I forgot everything I was feeling. I just was. The sun, the sand, the sound of the waves – it all just… worked. Sat for hours and watched the sunset. It was spectacular. The sky bled oranges, pinks, and purples. Breathtaking. Found a moment of pure, unadulterated, soul-soothing magic.
  • 19:00 PM: Dinner. Enjoyed some local food. And now, I can't wait to go back to the beach.

Day 5: Departure – Until Next Time?

  • 07:00 AM: The dreaded packing. Sigh. Didn't want to leave.
  • 08:00 AM: Last breakfast. Made a friend at the buffet.
  • 09:00 AM: Checked out. Hugged the receptionist. Told her I loved her.
  • 10:00 AM: Heading to the airport.
  • 11:00 PM: Airport
  • 23:00 PM: Back home.

Final Thoughts:

Simar Hotel, Araranguá, Brazil. It wasn't perfect. The food was hit-or-miss, the elevator tried kill me, the language barrier was a struggle, and I definitely had a few moments of utter despair. But that beach… that damned, gorgeous beach… it stole my heart. I went with a plan, hoping for serenity, and I found it - and so much more. It was about finding something I didn't know I was looking for.

I'll be back. Count on it.

Luxury Stanisovi Villa: Private Pool & Unforgettable Croatian Escape

Book Now

Simar Hotel Araranguá Brazil

Simar Hotel Araranguá BrazilAlright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Simar Hotel in Araranguá, Brazil! Forget polished brochure copy; you're getting the unfiltered truth. Here's the FAQ – or what's left of my sanity after experiencing this slice of Brazilian paradise:

Is the Simar Hotel ACTUALLY "unbelievable luxury"? Let's be real...

Okay, let's address the elephant in the (probably air-conditioned) room. "Unbelievable Luxury"? They're *trying*, bless their hearts. It's genuinely nice, no doubt. The lobby is all gleaming marble and chandeliers that scream "we spent a lot of money!" But true "unbelievable" luxury? I'd put it more in the "comfortably posh" category with moments of "wow, they really thought of that." See, my first impression was, 'Alright, Simar, you had an image to upkeep and it shows". It's definitely a step UP from a dodgy hostel and a world away from back-packing. Did I feel like royalty bathing in the Jacuzzi while drinking a caipirinha? Absolutely, at least for a while. But trust me, the reality is never as flawless as the photos... more on that later.

The Food! Tell me about the food! (Because, let's be honest, that's the *most* important thing.)

The food... oh, the food. Okay, I came with super high hopes, expecting some kinda culinary explosion. And it was... *mostly* fantastic. The breakfast buffet! Okay, I pretty much built a fortress of deliciousness with the pastries every morning. Imagine, all the fresh fruit in all the colours...it's a feast for the eyes. The *pão de queijo* were like little cheesy clouds - seriously addictive! But...and there's always a but, isn't there? One night, I ordered the grilled fish. It arrived, looking all pristine and lovely... until I took a bite. Ugh. Overcooked. Dry as the Sahara. And the waiter... bless his heart, he probably didn't notice, but it ruined the mood. I almost regretted it. I did tell him, but he was obviously in a rush and I didn't see him again.

The Beach! Is it actually a beach you'd want to... you know, *be* on?

Okay, the beach. Here's the thing. Araranguá isn't exactly known for its postcard-perfect beaches. It’s... well, it's a beach. But listen, I'm a city person, so the sand felt good on my feet, and the ocean was...wet. You know, the important things. But I did witness a small, albeit short, *fight* with a seagull over a stray chip. Pure mayhem. It definitely added some character to the experience, though. It was all a bit rough, sure, but it was still a nice change of pace, and it wasn't a major nuisance, so it was okay.

Let's talk about the rooms. Are they actually worth the money?

The rooms... hmm. Okay, they *were* clean. And they *were* comfortable. The pillows were fantastic, actually. Cloud-like. I literally considered stealing one. But... I was expecting a *wow* factor. Instead, the mini-bar had a very *limited* selection, and the TV picture quality? Well, let's just say I spent more time fiddling with the remote than actually watching anything. It's the little things, right? My room was lovely but nothing to go around writing home about. And then there was the air con. I am afraid I am a hot person, and I need that cold air, and it made that noise. The most awful noise. Like a baby being strangled by a duck. I rang and asked for the engineer to fix it, and three hours later someone did. They did try their best, though, and it worked a while. See, it's those little imperfections that are the real stories, you know? I mean, it's definitely not a *disaster*, but for the price, I was wanting a little more, you know?

What about the staff? Are they friendly? (And can they understand you?)

The staff... ah, the staff. This is where the Simar Hotel truly shines. The people are just *lovely*. Even with my dreadful Portuguese, they were incredibly patient and helpful. I lost my phone (don't ask, it's a long story involving a beach and a particularly persuasive caipirinha). They helped me search *everywhere*. They called the authorities. They even offered to translate if I needed it. It ended up being in the hotel bar. I felt awful, but they just laughed! They're the reason I'd go back. Seriously, they make you feel like family. And the sheer effort they make with the language barrier is just amazing. Truly amazing.

Okay, so, overall? Would you recommend the Simar Hotel? The *real* answer, please!

Okay, here's the brutally honest truth: Yes. I *would* recommend it. But with caveats. It's not perfect. It's not the peak of luxury. But it's a genuinely nice place. The staff are phenomenal. The breakfast buffet is worth the trip alone. Just go in with realistic expectations, embrace the imperfections, and be prepared for a few mini-adventures (like seagull chip-theft or dodgy air con). For me, the little quirks and the unexpected moments are what made it memorable. It wasn't *unbelievable*, but it was... *unforgettable*. And honestly, that's better, isn't it?

Is there a Spa, and is it worth it?

Ah, the spa! The holy grail of relaxation, as far as I was concerned! Well, yes, they have a spa. I am a great lover of a good massage. As soon as I checked in, I made plans to make the most of them. You'd think a spa in a hotel like the Simar would be something to die for, right? Well, hold your horses. The treatments list? Pretty standard. The masseuse was lovely, really lovely. But... the atmosphere? Slightly underwhelming. It was clean, quiet, and all that, but it just didn't have that feeling of complete and utter bliss. The massage was fine, I suppose, but again, not something that blew me away. (It took a *lot* to get me feeling blissed out - I may have had to drink a LOT of caipirinhas)! If you need a massage, get one. If you're looking for a transcendental experience? Maybe not.

What about the cocktails? Because sunshine and swimming pools go hand-in-hand with fruity concoctions, no?

Caipirinhas are the drink of choice in Brazil. So, yes, I indulged. It was obligatory. The ones at the pool bar were pretty good. They were strong, though. Very strong.Stay Scouter

Simar Hotel Araranguá Brazil

Simar Hotel Araranguá Brazil

Simar Hotel Araranguá Brazil

Simar Hotel Araranguá Brazil