Escape to Paradise: Tenerife's Hidden Gem Hotel Rural Orotava Awaits!

Hotel Rural Orotava Tenerife Spain

Hotel Rural Orotava Tenerife Spain

Escape to Paradise: Tenerife's Hidden Gem Hotel Rural Orotava Awaits!

Escape to Paradise? Hmm… Let’s Talk About Hotel Rural Orotava – Tenerife's Hidden (Sometimes-Annoying) Gem!

Okay, so, "Escape to Paradise." They throw that phrase around, don't they? Well, I just got back from the Hotel Rural Orotava in Tenerife, and I can tell you… it was an escape. Whether it was straight-up paradise is another story entirely. Let's get messy with it.

Overall Vibe: Rustic Charm Meets Occasional Chaos

This place looks stunning in the pictures. And, yeah, the actual building? Gorgeous. Really, genuinely beautiful. Think classic Canarian architecture, sprawling views of the Orotava Valley, and a pool that does look like it’s straight out of Architectural Digest. But let’s not pretend everything’s perfect, okay? Because it wasn't.

Accessibility: Mostly Good, with a Few Tricky Bits

First off, if you need accessibility features, this place tries, bless its heart. Elevators are there, though getting to some of the rooms might involve a bit of a maze. Facilities for disabled guests are definitely present, and they seem committed. Now, the terrain… that's where it gets a little hairy. Cobblestones, sloping walkways, occasional steps disguising themselves as "charming" features. I'd definitely talk to them in advance about what you specifically need. They seem willing to accommodate, but Tenerife isn’t always the most flat-friendly island.

On-Site Eating & Drinking - The Buffet! The… Buffet…

Okay, the restaurants are decent. There's an a la carte option (which I highly recommend avoiding the grilled octopus which tasted like a tire), a poolside bar where you can grab a cocktail and pretend you're James Bond (until you realize your flip-flops are soaked from a recent poolside spill), and… the buffet. Ah, the buffet.

My relationship with the buffet at Hotel Rural Orotava was… complicated. Asian breakfast and Western breakfast options were available, but I swear I saw the same scrambled eggs re-emerge for three consecutive meals. The coffee/tea in restaurant was standard, but the quality fluctuated wildly depending on the server’s mood. But, hey, breakfast [buffet] always had something edible! And the desserts in restaurant were always temptingly, deliciously sugary. Restaurants themselves are plentiful.

One morning, I actually witnessed a small scuffle at the fruit section over the last mango. It was brutal. I hid behind the coffee shop, hoping to avoid being part of the mango-warfare. This is what I mean by "occasional chaos.”

The Rooms: Comfort and Quirks

The room itself was lovely. Air conditioning that actually worked (thank heavens!), a comfy bed (extra long bed, even!). Free Wi-Fi, which surprisingly functioned well (a blessing!), Air conditioning and Blackout curtains were another lifesaver.

However… and this is a small thing, but it bugged me… The bathroom phone seemed to be stuck on a constant dial tone. I tried calling reception once; it was a useless endeavor. The hair dryer was also the kind that only delivers lukewarm air. Small things, right? But they add up. The slippers were cute, though!

Things to Do (And Ways to Relax): Spa Day - Or Maybe Not?

Okay, spa day! This, I was super excited about. They boast a spa/sauna, steamroom, massage, and a pool with view, all of which sounded heavenly. The pool with view was exactly as advertised: stunning. But the massage? Well… let's just say my masseuse was enthusiastic. Emphasis on enthusiastic. She kept asking if she was "making you feel good?" (In a rather, ahem, forceful manner!) at least it wasn’t a body wrap.

I also tried the Fitness center. It was basic, but had equipment. But if you're a serious gym bunny, I'd pack some extra motivational energy because it’s not a world-class facility.

Cleanliness and Safety – Pandemic Edition

Here's where they really shine. Hotel Rural Orotava seems to take safety seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Staff trained in safety protocol, and Room sanitization between stays. They offer Cashless payment service and have Individually-wrapped food options. I felt pretty safe overall. They definitely have the Hand sanitizer stations everywhere, and the staff wore masks consistently.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: From Buffets to Happy Hour

I already waxed lyrical (or perhaps whined) about the buffet. Beyond that, the Poolside bar offers a decent Happy hour. The restaurants have a good selection, but I’d maybe stick to ordering off the menu instead of the buffet.

Services and Conveniences: Good, but Not Perfect

Food delivery is available, which is great if you're feeling lazy. They have a Concierge but they have a Convenience store within walking distance . Daily housekeeping was spot-on. Plus they offer Laundry service and Dry cleaning. The one downside… I don’t know how the Luggage storage works since during my last checkout the process was messy .

For The Kids: Family-Friendly - Somewhat

While Hotel Rural Orotava is labeled Family/child friendly, this might be a location for more grown ups than children, because the Kids facilities seemed a bit sparse.

Getting Around & Miscellaneous

Airport transfer is available. Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site]are plentiful. They have a Taxi service for ease of travel.

The Verdict: Flawed, but Worth It (Maybe!)

Look, this place has its quirks. The buffet is a gamble. The massage might be a little too invigorating. But… the setting is breathtaking. The staff are generally friendly (even if the service isn't always smooth). And the overall ambiance is really, really charming.

So, would I recommend Hotel Rural Orotava? Yes, with a few caveats. If you want picture-perfect scenery, comfortable rooms, and a decent base for exploring Tenerife (and you're not overly precious about minor imperfections), then go for it. Just pack your own mango, and maybe… skip the overly enthusiastic massage. And prepare for an escape that is, at times, hilariously imperfect.

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Botanico's Magical Maiori Awaits!

Book Now

Hotel Rural Orotava Tenerife Spain

Hotel Rural Orotava Tenerife Spain

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your meticulously planned, perfectly-executed travel log. This is a hot mess express of a trip to Hotel Rural Orotava in Tenerife, Spain. Prepare for rambles, rants, and revelations. You've been warned.

The Orotava Debacle (aka, My "Relaxation" Trip That Became a Test of Endurance)

Day 1: Arrival & Initial Panic

  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Airport Chaos. God, airports. Enough said. Fly from… well, let’s just say a place with considerably less sunshine. My carry-on, a glorious, overstuffed testament to my inability to pack light, nearly exploded when I tried to shove it in the overhead bin. (Note to self: Invest in a sensible suitcase. Or therapy for my packing anxieties.)
  • 1:00 PM: Taxi Ride to Orotava. The driver, bless his heart, spoke some English, which meant a lot of enthusiastic nods on my part followed by a lot of squinting and Google Translate. The scenery, however, was breathtaking. Lush green valleys cascading down to the ocean. Volcano Teide looming in the distance, looking all smug.
  • 2:00 PM: Arrive at Hotel Rural Orotava. This place is…rustic. In a good way? Jury’s still out. The courtyard is gorgeous, overflowing with bougainvillea. The rooms, however, are…intimate. By "intimate" I mean, my suitcase practically blocked the door. And the view? Glorious, unless you're claustrophobic. Which, I'm not. But maybe I am now.
  • 3:00 PM: Check-in and Unpacking (attempt 1). Discover the joy of trying to make your suitcase fit, then getting overwhelmed. Decide to "unpack" later, which never happens.
  • 4:00 PM: Pool Reconnaissance. The pool? Surprisingly lovely. The water is actually cold, which is a relief (and a sign that it's probably not over-chlorinated). I briefly consider getting in before chickening out because I'm still in "sweaty travel clothes". Decide to stare at it for a bit from afar.
  • 8:00 PM: Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant. The food. Oh, the food. I ordered a local specialty, some sort of stew. It arrived looking like something my grandma used to make after a particularly strong nap and an afternoon watching that one cooking show. It was…interesting. I spent the rest of the meal trying (and failing) to figure out the exact spices.
  • 9:30 PM: Bedtime… which is now time to be more familiar with the bathroom. More intimate than the room.

Day 2: Teide Tantrums and a Taste of Trouble

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast. The breakfast buffet is quite tasty. My first impression? It’s very crowded. I'm really bad at early mornings so I’m running behind everyone. I grab some yogurt, fruit, and a pastry.
  • 9:30 AM: Teide National Park Excursion Attempt 1: The cable car. We were supposed to be taking a car ride to the volcano, Teide. Oh, the ambition! But it's a Monday and the road is blocked, so we have to find another way; which is… difficult. We spend hours trying to navigate. I’m already sweating and getting grumpy.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch (a sandwich from a dodgy roadside cafe): It's a cheese and ham sandwich, but I’ve never tasted something so delicious.
  • 2:00 PM: Teide National Park Excursion Attempt 2: Some success! We switch from the car to go to a hike. We drive and we decide to hike!
  • 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Hiking and Grumbling. Stunning views. Absolutely stunning. But…uphill. The wind, which, when I booked this trip, I imagined would be gentle… is, in fact, trying to rip my face off. I spend the whole time alternating between “Wow, look at that view!” and “I need water. Now.” My legs felt like they were going to fall off. But the view, man. The view was worth it. And I felt pretty smug for a solid half an hour.
  • 8:00 PM: Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant. The food. Oh, the food again. This time, I went for something safe: grilled fish. It was perfectly cooked. I started to feel so much better about my existence. And the wine? Divine.
  • 9:30 PM: Stargazing from my balcony. You know, the rustic intimacy of my room finally came through. The sky was insane. Like, a million diamonds scattered across black velvet. I had a moment. A real, genuine moment of "Wow, life is pretty alright." Before realizing I'm still in the middle of the room and there's nowhere to even sit. I sat on the floor with a glass of wine. Life is still alright.

Day 3: Beach Bliss and Backup Plans (A "Plan B" Kind of Day)

  • 10:00 AM: Wake up late from all the hiking. Sleep in and wake up to some amazing coffee.
  • 11:00 AM: Beach Day! I decide to take a trip to the beaches in Puerto de la Cruz. The beaches were black sand.
  • 12:00 PM: Beach Day! I spend a few hours swimming along the waves and catching some sun.
  • 3:00 PM: Lunch at a beachside restaurant. Fresh seafood, more wine. This trip isn't so bad, I'm starting to think.
  • 5:00 PM: Back to the hotel to rest. It really is a rural hotel.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel. Everything is starting to look like an episode of The Food Network.
  • 8:00 PM: Sunset. The sun is setting and I want to get a shot of, I fail. Still, the view is stunning. The whole place seems to light up.
  • 9:00 PM: Some reading and a relaxing night.

Day 4: Walking & Worrying

  • 10:00 AM: Walk in the Orotava Valley. It’s supposed to be beautiful and tranquil. I'm tired. I walk for a little while through the valley. I see some locals. I get lost.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant. The food is delicious, but I can't stop thinking about what's waiting for me in my hotel room.
  • 1:00 PM: Worrying. I'm worrying about everything. I am overthinking everything.
  • 5:00 PM: I finally get a chance to sit for a bit after all the hiking. I start to come to terms with everything. This trip is going to be fine? Everything's fine, right?
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner (Hotel). This is the first time I feel like I'm on vacation. I try to drink a glass of wine and relax.

Day 5: The Farewell (and a Promise to Return)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast, again. Today, I wake up at my own pace. I'm almost ready to leave.
  • 10:00 AM: Last-minute souvenir shopping. I spend way too much money on things I probably don’t need.
  • 11:00 AM: Check Out. Bye, Hotel Rural Orotava. I'm kind of sad to leave. I'm not sure if I'm ready to face the real world yet.
  • 12:00 PM: Taxi to the airport. I manage to squeeze everything into my exploding suitcase.
  • 1:00 PM: Flight. I promise myself I'll come back to Tenerife. Next time, I'm getting a room with a view.
  • 2:00 PM: As the plane takes off, I look out the window and see the island fade. I've had a great time in Tenerife. I want to come back.

The Verdict:

This trip wasn't perfect. It was messy, a little frustrating and mostly filled with me being incredibly clumsy and a little lost. There were moments of near-panic, moments of pure joy, and a whole lot of delicious food. But that's what made it great. It was real. And I wouldn't have traded it for a perfectly-planned, cookie-cutter vacation for anything. Tenerife, you beautiful, volcanic, wine-soaked island… I'll be back. Next time, with a better suitcase. And maybe, just maybe, a better sense of direction.

Escape to the Alps! Stunning Balcony Apartment in Sankt Gallenkirch

Book Now

Hotel Rural Orotava Tenerife Spain

Hotel Rural Orotava Tenerife Spain```html

Okay, spill the tea – is Hotel Rural Orotava REALLY worth all the hype? I've seen the pictures…

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because I'm about to get REAL. Look, the pictures? They're gorgeous. Sun-drenched courtyards, that pool overlooking the valley like something out of a dream... But the REAL question is, does reality match the Instagram filter? Honestly? Mostly, yes. But it's more than just pretty pictures. It's the *feeling*. It's that first whiff of orange blossoms as you walk in, the clinking of wine glasses on the terrace, and that tiny, almost imperceptible sigh of "ahhhhhh" that escapes you when you first see the view. It's magic, seriously.

But hold your horses. Nothing's perfect. Remember that time I tried to order room service? "¿Como se dice 'tuna sandwich'?" was met with a blank stare. Ended up with a plate of olives and a longing for Subway. So, you know, manage your expectations. And pack snacks.

What's the VIBE? I need to know if I'm going to be surrounded by pretentious people in linen pants.

Okay, so about the pants. I saw *some* linen. But honestly, the vibe is mostly relaxed and REAL. Think more "well-travelled and slightly messy" than "yacht club elite." You'll find a mix – couples holding hands, families chasing after tiny humans, solo adventurers scribbling in notebooks. Everyone's there for the same reason: to escape.

I saw one guy, bless his heart, wearing the same Hawaiian shirt every day, and he looked utterly content. That's the gold standard. It's about unwinding. You're more likely to overhear someone complaining about their sunburn than their portfolio.

The food. Is it just bland hotel food, or is it worth getting excited about? And are there options for vegetarians? (Asking for a friend... who is, in fact, me).

The food... now *that's* a good question! Forget the beige buffet nightmare. The restaurant, *Casa de Las Flores*, is a proper treat. We're talking fresh, local ingredients, prepared with a healthy dose of Canarian love. The gazpacho? Divine. The papas arrugadas (those wrinkled potatoes)? Addictive. And yes! Plenty of vegetarian options. I, a committed meat-avoider, was in *heaven*. They even accommodated my crazy requests – "Is there any way to get, like, a mountain of grilled mushrooms?" And they DELIVERED. Bless them.

The only imperfection? Sometimes the service could be a tad… relaxed. Embrace the pace, order another glass of wine, and let the sunshine do the work.

Okay, you've sold me on the food. But what's the deal with the rooms? Are they charming, or are they filled with questionable art and damp smells?

Charming! Definitely charming. I’m talking exposed stone walls, wooden beams, and that delightful sense of history that screams "I've been here for centuries and seen some things." They're not trying to be minimalist; they're embracing character. The furniture isn't IKEA, it's more like "antique finds from a dusty attic." Which makes it incredibly appealing. And the damp smells? Nonexistent! The only whiff you'll get is the delicious scent of whatever they're cooking downstairs.

Now, there's a caveat. My door didn't quite close properly, I swear I got lucky because of the amazing view, and in another room the tap was a bit leaky. Was it a deal-breaker? Nope. It added to the charm. It's not the Ritz-Carlton, but it's wonderfully authentic.

The pool. It's the big selling point, right? What's the reality? Crowds? Is it cold? Tell me everything.

Oh, the pool. Let's talk about the pool. It's the star of the show, the dazzling centerpiece. The pictures? They don't do it justice. Crystal-clear water, that killer view... pure bliss. Was it crowded? Nope. The hotel’s not *that* big, so there's always room for a sun lounger, and, bliss! I often had the pool to myself. The water was actually perfect, cool enough to refresh, warm enough to linger.

Here's a confession… I spent an entire afternoon just floating, staring at the clouds. It's THAT kind of place. A total, complete escape. Seriously considering remortgaging my house just to go back.

What about getting around? Do I need to rent a car? Is it walkable to anything interesting?

Rent a car, people! Seriously. Tenerife is an island of hidden gems. The hotel itself is a bit removed from the main town, which is part of its charm. But you'll want a car to explore the volcanic landscapes, the charming villages, and the black sand beaches. Driving is relatively easy, just be prepared for some winding roads. Plus, there's nothing quite like the freedom of pulling over at a roadside viewpoint whenever the mood strikes.

I tried to walk up to a viewing point, it was a disaster, so many hills! But you'll need a car if you want to go to the beach, mount Teide, even the local shops!

What's the worst thing about Hotel Rural Orotava? Be honest!

Alright, here's the brutal truth. The worst thing? Leaving. Seriously. That first day back home, a grey drizzle replacing the sunshine, I almost cried. The other less appealing points? Well, that slightly leaky tap I mentioned earlier. Also, the wifi occasionally went on strike. And the drive there… if you're prone to car sickness, pack some anti-nausea meds. Those winding roads can be a killer.

Oh, and the fact that I’m probably going to be broke for months because I'm already planning my return trip. But you know what? It's worth it.

So, overall… would you recommend it? And why?

Would I recommend it? Absolutely, without a single doubt. Look, it’s far from perfect, it's a little rough around the edges, there's no "bells and whistles", they're not going to give you a butler (thank goodness), but it's real. It's authentic. It's soul-soothing. It's the kind of place that makes you forget about your to-do list and remember why you're alive. It's about escaping the ordinary and embracing something truly special. Go. Seriously. Go. And tell me all about it when you get back, because frankly, I'm jealous.Staynado

Hotel Rural Orotava Tenerife Spain

Hotel Rural Orotava Tenerife Spain

Hotel Rural Orotava Tenerife Spain

Hotel Rural Orotava Tenerife Spain