Escape to Paradise: Alexandros Apartments Await on Paros Island, Greece
Escape to Paradise? Maybe… Alexandros Apartments on Paros - A Rambling Review
Okay, so Paros. Greece. Sun, sand, and the promise of Instagrammable moments. We booked Alexandros Apartments, lured in by the (carefully curated, let's be honest) photos. Did it live up to the hype? Let's dive in, shall we? Buckle up, because I'm about to unpack this thing, and it might get a little messy.
(SEO and Metadata Snippet: Paros Greece, Alexandros Apartments, Accessible Hotel, Paros Island, Greece Hotels, Luxury Spa, Wheelchair Accessible, Free Wi-Fi, Restaurant, Pool, Family Friendly, Reviews, Travel Guide, Greek Islands)
First Impressions: The Arrival & Accessibility - 😬 Mixed Bag
Finding the place was… well, an adventure. The winding lanes of Paros, bless their picturesque souls, are not exactly designed for the less geographically gifted (ahem, me). After circling a few times, we finally found the fabled Alexandros Apartments. The exterior was definitely pleasing – whitewashed buildings, bougainvillea spilling over… classic Greek charm. But the initial accessibility felt slightly… optimistic.
Accessibility: Let's be real, the "Facilities for disabled guests" claimed in the description? I had to check a few boxes here and there but, it wasn't the easiest. The entrance had a slight incline, and I immediately thought of my aunt, and how she would've struggled. The elevators were accessible, though, which was a huge plus.
Internet & Connectivity: Let me tell you, the free Wi-Fi in ALL rooms was a LIFESAVER. Especially when my phone decided it was going on strike. The signal was strong, which is more than I can say for all the islands I've tried to escape to. Thank you, technology! Even if it meant I spent way too much time scrolling. The LAN access, though, wasn't something I could find an opportunity or desire to use.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Food, Glorious Food! (Mostly) – A Food Odyssey
Okay, food. The heart and soul of any good vacation, right? Alexandros Apartments offered a veritable feast of choices. Let's start with the Breakfast: I'm a buffet kind of gal. The Breakfast [buffet] was solid. I found some good food and there was a variety of choices. They also offered Breakfast takeaway service which was great for those days when we were in a rush. Restaurants, Poolside Bar, Bars, Coffee/Tea in Restaurant, Coffee Shop, etc. were all there, including the international cuisine and all the standard Greek food you would expect. I indulged in a few lunchtime snacks at the poolside bar. The happy hour was decent, but the cocktails weren't exactly "craft." Think more… "refreshing and perfectly adequate for a sunny afternoon." The Poolside Bar was also quite crowded, but the pool view helped with the crowd. And the Restaurants were well-staffed and generally efficient, with a good range of options. The only real downside? The "Asian cuisine in restaurant" was a bit of a letdown. Honestly, I've had spicier instant noodles. I would have loved a good old bowl of ramen.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax - Spa Day… or Not?
This is where Alexandros Apartments really shone. The Spa was the jewel in the crown. I was really excited about the Body Wrap, Sauna, Steam Room and Spa/Sauna. The Body scrub was pure bliss, and the entire spa experience just melted away all my stress. The Pool with View was, as promised, stunning. Seriously Instagram gold. I spent hours floating and staring at the Aegean Sea. There's so much more to do. The Pool itself was large, and the Swimming pool [outdoor] was well-maintained.
I also tried the Gym/Fitness area. It was… well, it had equipment. I gave it a good attempt, but I don't think I'm made for gyms on vacations.
Cleanliness & Safety - Sanitized, But Not Sterile
This is where the pandemic-era anxieties kick in. The good news? Alexandros Apartments took safety seriously. There were Hand sanitizer stations everywhere, and the staff seemed well-versed in the protocols. They do Daily disinfection in common areas. The Safe dining setup was there to provide safety. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter was generally observed. Their efforts to include Individually-wrapped food options were noticeable. I was happy to see they had Anti-viral cleaning products.
The slightly less good news? The "Room sanitization opt-out" was a bit of a red flag. Like, why would you opt out? I would have found this odd if it weren't for the fact that the rooms were quite clean. I'm not saying the place was immaculate, but I could tell they are taking the safety measures seriously.
Services and Conveniences - The Essentials (and Some Extras)
Alexandros Apartments offered a bunch of services. Laundry service was a lifesaver, and the Daily housekeeping was impeccable. The Doorman was always friendly, except at the hour when I went to the pool. Concierge was helpful. Currency exchange was convenient. Air conditioning in public area was a godsend. The Elevator was also really helpful. But I think the gift and souvenir shop was overpriced, I would have loved to spend more time in the Terrace and the Smoking area was strategically placed, so I didn't have to see it all the time.
For the Kids - Family Friendly?
Alexandros Apartments is definitely family-friendly. They have a babysitting service, which is very convenient, and I saw a few Kids meal. My kids would have loved it, I think they offer a lot,
Rooms - Comfortable, But Not Extravagant
The rooms were… nice. Comfortable. Clean. Not exactly "luxury," but perfectly adequate. The most important thing was Free Wi-Fi. The Air conditioning was a MUST. The Balcony was a nice touch. I found the extra long bed very comfortable. The Bathroom was functional, but not exactly spa-like. There was also a lot of in-room safe box, which came in handy. I wish the Window that opens was bigger so I could enjoy the view more.
The Verdict: Worth the Escape?
Overall, Alexandros Apartments delivered a pretty solid experience. It’s not perfect, but what is? The location is beautiful, the facilities are plentiful, and the staff are friendly. The accessibility could be better, but they are making the effort. The food is good. If you are looking for a relaxing and convenient base for exploring Paros, then escape to Alexandros Apartments. Just maybe pack some extra sunscreen, and lower your expectations a tiny bit. You'll still probably have an amazing time.
Escape to Paradise: Your Luxurious Bad Pyrmont Villa Awaits!Alexandros Apartments, Paros: My Chaotic Greek Diary (aka, SOS Send More Feta)
Alright, buckle up buttercups. This ain't your perfectly Instagrammed itinerary. This is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth – about surviving a week in paradise (with a healthy dose of existential dread) at Alexandros Apartments, Paros.
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Panic
- 14:00 - Arrival at Alexandros Apartments: Okay, first impressions? Adorably… rustic. Think whitewashed walls that probably haven't seen a lick of paint since the ancient Greeks invented the color. The balcony? Tiny, but with a killer view of… well, something green. I think it might be a field. Or possibly a very overgrown garden. Whatever. My mantra: Embrace the chaos.
- 14:15 - The Key Debacle: Found the lockbox. Code? Locked. Frantically start mashing numbers, convinced I’m going to be sleeping on a park bench. Finally, after ten minutes of sweaty-palmed panic, the door clicks open. Victory! (My heart rate returns to a slightly elevated, but manageable, level.)
- 15:00 - Unpacking & Existential Crisis: The apartment is… snug. Okay, tiny. But the air conditioning is working, and thank GOD because I'm already glistening like a glazed donut. Stared blankly at my suitcase for a solid fifteen minutes, questioning all my life choices, including whether I should have packed those ridiculous glittery sandals. The answer, predictably, is yes.
- 16:00 - The First Grocery Run (and the Great Olive Oil Heist): Armed with a map that looks suspiciously drawn by a toddler, I brave the local supermarket. The selection of olives alone is enough to induce sensory overload. And the olive oil… oh god, the olive oil! Seriously, it’s like liquid gold. I ended up spending an embarrassing amount of time sniffing bottles and comparing brands, feeling completely out of my depth. And then, while reaching for a jar of marinated artichoke hearts, I accidentally knocked over a display of… well, everything. Mortified, I mumbled a frantic “Sygnomi!” to the bemused shopkeeper and legged it, clutching my precious olive oil and a packet of suspiciously cheap biscuits.
- 17:00 - Balcony Bliss (and Mosquito Mayhem): Found a small, rickety table on the balcony. Poured myself a glass of local wine (which, surprisingly, is delicious). Sun setting. Everything is idyllic… until the mosquitos arrive. Now I resemble a human pin cushion. Swear they are bigger and hungrier here than back home.
- 19:00 - Dinner at a Taverna (and the Accidental Sirtaki Lesson): Wandered down to a recommended taverna, "Captain John’s" (or something equally nautical). Ordered the grilled octopus (because Greece, duh). It was… chewy. But the view of the sunset was glorious. After dinner, the owner started playing some traditional Greek music. Next thing I know, I'm being dragged onto the dance floor to attempt the Sirtaki. Let's just say I have two left feet and leave it at that. Fell over. Mortified. Laughing hysterically. Wonderful.
Day 2: Beach Days & Brooding
- 09:00 - Wake Up & Regret Last Night's Wine: Headache. Blame the sun, not the wine. Though…
- 10:00 - Beach Day at Kolymbithres: This beach is the reason I came to Paros! The famous rock formations? Unreal. Like nature’s version of a modern art gallery. Spent two blissful hours wading in the crystal-clear water, pretending I was a glamorous movie star. (In reality, I probably looked more like a beached whale trying to wrangle its inflatable unicorn.)
- 12:00 - Lunch at a beachside Taverna: Ordered a Greek salad. Again (seriously, when in Greece…). It was perfect. Crisp vegetables, salty feta, and that glorious olive oil (the good stuff, not the cheap biscuits special). Feeling generally content, until…
- 13:00 - Sand Trauma: Attempting to sunbathe, I fell asleep and got completely covered in sand. Everywhere. Inside my swimsuit, in my hair, I think I even had a bit in my eye. This is where the existential dread returns.
- 15:00 - Return to Apartment & Contemplation: Showered off the sand. But the lingering feeling of… well, sandiness… remains. Stared out the window, wondering if I’m actually happy. Is this all there is? Sun, sand, overpriced cocktails? Where’s the meaning? Is my life’s purpose to avoid sunburn?
- 17:00 - Ice Cream & Acceptance: Bought a pistachio ice cream cone. It was delicious. Meaning found.
Day 3: The Ferry Fiasco & Naoussa's Charms
- 08:00 - Ferry to Naoussa: Woke up late. Rushed, barely made the ferry and managed to drop my phone in the line. That was a panic.
- 09:30 - Naoussa Exploration: Naoussa is charming, I’ll give it that. Cute little harbor, whitewashed houses, bougainvillea everywhere. It’s touristy, yes, but in a way that's… okay.
- 11:00 - Lunch at a Seafood Restaurant (Round 2 of Octopus): Ordered grilled octopus again. This time, it was actually good! Maybe I'm getting used to it. Washed it down with some more local wine. (Yes, I may have a problem.)
- 14:00 - Wandering & Window Shopping: Browsed the shops. Found a ridiculously expensive leather handbag I didn’t need. Resisted the urge. Mostly.
- 16:00 - Back to the apartment: Thinking about nothing.
- 19:00 - Dinner back near the apartment: Finding a reliable spot to eat is tough!
Day 4: Windsurfing Fails & Wine Tasting Woes
- 10:00 - Windsurfing Lesson (a.k.a. Humiliation on the Water): Thought I'd be all sporty and active. Wrong. I spent the entire lesson falling off the board. Splashing around in the water like a newborn walrus. The instructor, bless his heart, kept yelling, "More power!". I had no power. Just flailing limbs and a deep sense of inadequacy.
- 13:00 - Exhausted & Hungry: Back to the apartment, changed, and then headed to the beach.
- 15:00 - Wine Tasting (and the Curse of the Overenthusiastic Sommelier): Okay, this was supposed to be sophisticated. It wasn't. The sommelier was way too enthusiastic and talked about the terroir of the grapes for like, half an hour. I mostly just pretended to know what he was talking about while secretly wishing I could just drink the damn wine. Ended up buying a bottle I probably won't like just to appease him.
- 17:00 - Post Wine Tasting: Relax back at the apartment to digest everything, physically and mentally.
- 19:00 - Dinner at Taverna: Decided to celebrate the surviving windsurfing and wine tasting with an unadulterated plate of Moussaka. It was divine. The world is good.
Day 5: Delos Day Trip (and the Ancient Gods' Annoyance)
- 07:00 - Early Ferry to Delos: Up before the sun to catch the ferry to Delos.
- 09:00 - Delos, the Sacred Island: Okay, Delos is impressive. Ruins everywhere! Ancient temples! Mythology overload! But… it's hot. And the sun is relentless. And the ancient gods are probably judging me for my questionable life choices.
- 12:00 - Sunstroke Scare: Started to get a bit dizzy and lost the feeling in my legs. Spent another hour under the shade of a random bush.
- 14:00 - Return trip: Ferry back to Paros.
- 19:00 - Dinner: Back at the apartment and ordering delivery from the local grill.
Day 6: The Monastery & My Inner Peace (Maybe)
- 10:00 - Monastery Visit: Visited the Monastery of Panagia Ekatontapyliani (the “Church of 100 Doors”). It’s stunning! Beautiful! Peaceful! Spent an hour wandering around, feeling slightly less chaotic than usual.
- 12:00 - Lunch: Decided to try a different taverna. Ordered… you guessed it… Greek salad. It was okay.. .
- 14:00 - Beach Day: Hit up a different beach. Got a slightly better tan. Minimal sand-related trauma. Victory!
- 17:00 - Sunset Drinks & Contemplation: Drank a cocktail. Enjoyed the sunset. Felt a fleeting moment
Escape to Paradise: Alexandros Apartments - You HAVE Questions? I HAVE Answers (Maybe!)
So, "Paradise" on Paros... Is it Overhyped? Like, Instagram vs. Reality kinda thing?
Okay, deep breath. Paradise? Look, the brochure photos *are* gorgeous. And yes, Paros *is* stunning. But “Paradise” is a loaded word, right? It’s like promising you perfectly sculpted abs after a week of kale smoothies. Reality check: Expect some sand in places you wouldn't expect, a stray cat or two giving you the "feed me" eyes at breakfast (I’m a sucker, I bribed that one with ham), and maybe, *maybe*, a slightly wonky sun lounger.
Alexandros Apartments themselves? Less Instagram, more authentic. Think: Charm. Think: That slightly worn, but loved, vibe. We're not talking sterile luxury, alright? But the view? Oh. My. Gods. The view. Seriously. It's what Instagram *should* look like, and sometimes doesn't. So, paradise? Kinda. More like... a beautiful, sun-drenched, slightly imperfect, but *definitely* worthwhile escape. Trust me - the flaws are part of the charm.
The Apartments Themselves: What's the Vibe? Clean? Modern? Like, Can I Actually COOK Dinner?
Alright, the vibe... it's definitely more 'Greek family vacation home' than 'slick minimalist hotel'. Think: Clean, yes. Modern, not exactly. Functional, absolutely. You're not going to find a fancy Nespresso machine, but you *will* find a perfectly serviceable coffee maker (and honestly, the instant coffee in Greece is surprisingly decent, especially when you’re staring at THAT view first thing).
Can you cook? YES! Thank the gods (and Alexandros's family, probably) for that. The kitchen had everything *I* needed. I'm not a chef, mind you. I need basic. But the fridge kept my Mythos cold, the stove worked, and the little balcony was perfection for al fresco dining (more on that later...). I *did* attempt a Greek salad. Let's just say some of the tomatoes may have rolled off the table when I sneezed. But hey, that's part of the experience! And the family will give you the best tips for local markets, so you can grab all the freshest stuff.
Location, Location, Location! Is it Close to the Action? Beach? How’s The Noise?
Okay, location is KEY. Alexandros is brilliant. You're not bang smack on the main drag, which is a *blessing*, trust me. You're a short stroll to the beach (I was timing myself for the daily swim, it was officially 7 minutes at a leisurely pace. Maybe 5 minutes if I was chasing the ice cream truck). The main town is an easy walk as well - maybe 15 minutes, give or take a few "ooh, look at that shop!" stops.
Noise? Generally, it's blissfully quiet. You might hear the occasional scooter (it's Greece, it's inevitable!), or the distant chatter of people enjoying themselves. But no major parties. No blaring music all night. Just the gentle sound of the waves, which, honestly, is far better ASMR than any playlist I could find. *Bonus*: you're close enough to everything, but far enough to feel like you genuinely *escaped*. I slept so well, I actually think I'm going to move to Greece full time and pursue a career in napping.
The "Family Atmosphere" - Is it Overbearing? Do You Feel Like You're Part of a Greek Wedding at all times?
This is a valid concern! "Family-run" can sometimes mean "grandmother hovering with a ladle of soup at 7 AM". Thankfully, not here. Alexandros and his family are genuinely lovely, warm people. They were *present*. They were helpful (I accidentally locked myself out of my apartment at 2 AM, and they were incredibly patient – sorry again!).
They weren't intrusive. They're there if you need them. They chat. They offer advice. They give you little treats (I got a slice of homemade cake, which was *divine*), but they also know when to leave you alone and chill. It’s more like having friendly neighbours than being adopted into a boisterous extended Greek family. Thank the gods for boundaries, right? You’ll feel welcomed, but not suffocated. It’s the perfect balance, honestly.
Now, about the cake. Oh, the cake... I might have asked for the recipe. I did not get the recipe. Lesson learned: Compliments work better than outright requests while eating the goods.
Okay, Spill: What About the BEST Thing About Alexandros Apartments? And the Worst?
Okay, confession time: The *best* thing? That balcony. The private, little oasis of calm, with the view that makes your soul sing. I spent hours there, with a book, a Mythos, and the sun on my face. It even had a little clothesline, which was unexpectedly brilliant. The sunsets… just… yeah. You'll understand when you see them.
The worst? Hmm… Probably my own clumsiness. I tripped over a step on the way to the pool (it’s a *small* pool, but lovely), which resulted in a minor graze on my knee. Honestly, the worst thing about Alexandros Apartments itself? Nothing major. The little pool is more of a dip for a quick cool down. The wifi was occasionally dodgy in the outer reaches of my apartment (but, I mean, who cares when you have THAT view?). It's not a five-star hotel, and it wasn't trying to be. The beauty is the simplicity.
Oh, one small thing, I am a sucker for the internet and that wifi, so yeah, it wasn't perfect, but I'll fix it. If that's the worst I can say, the place is a winner.
Anything Else I Should Know Before I Book? Like, The Practical Stuff?
Okay, practicalities:
- **Book early!** Seriously. This place is popular, and for good reason. Especially in peak season. Don’t be like me and scramble last minute.
- **Bring adapter**, the usual stuff.
- **Learn a few basic Greek phrases.** It’s polite, and the locals will appreciate it. You *will* be rewarded with extra smiles (and maybe some free baklava!).
- **Embrace the slow pace.** Things move at a different speed in Greece. Relax. Unwind. Don’t expect everything to be perfect.
- **Go!** Honestly, just go. Book it. Pack your bags. You won't regret it. I'm already planning my return. I need to go back, right now! *squeak*
And remember… pack your sunscreen! And maybe some extra space in your suitcase for all the souvenirs you’ll inevitably buy. Oh, and don't forget to tip Alexandros and his family. Trust me, they deserve itCoastal Inns