Escape to Tuscany: Your Dream Villa Awaits in Cortona!

Belvilla by OYO Casa Lamate Cortona Italy

Belvilla by OYO Casa Lamate Cortona Italy

Escape to Tuscany: Your Dream Villa Awaits in Cortona!

Escape to Tuscany: My Cortona Villa Fiasco (er, Dream!) - A Review That's Actually Real

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your average, sterile hotel review. This is real. I'm talking Tuscan sun, questionable decisions, and enough pasta to fuel a small army. My recent “Escape to Tuscany” experience at a villa in Cortona was…well, let’s just say it ran the gamut. And I'm here to spill the beans, the olive oil, and everything in between.

Metadata First, Because SEO Says So! (And Maybe I Need a Job)

  • Title: Escape to Tuscany: Your Dream Villa Awaits in Cortona? (My Rollercoaster Review!)
  • Keywords: Tuscany, Cortona, Villa, Hotel Review, Accessibility, Spa, Swimming Pool, Restaurant, Food, Wifi, Family-Friendly, Luxury, Italy, Travel, Vacation
  • Description: Honest and detailed review of a Tuscan villa experience in Cortona, Italy. Covers everything from wheelchair accessibility and spa treatments to food, Wi-Fi, services, and – let's be honest – my own misadventures. Get ready for a wild ride!

The Pre-Trip Anxiety and the Promise of Paradise Lost (and Found!)

Right, so the idea was idyllic: sun-drenched hills, a villa with a view, la dolce vita. Reality, as usual, decided to be a bit more… complicated. Before even getting to Cortona, I was already fretting. I'd booked a "wheelchair-accessible" villa ( Accessibility – gotta make sure, my grandmother, bless her heart, was coming!). The website promised…everything. This is where the "trust but verify" rule REALLY needs to be applied.

The Arrival and the First Hurdle (Literally!)

The villa was gorgeous, okay? I mean, breathtakingly gorgeous. That view! The rolling hills! The scent of rosemary in the air! But the promised "wheelchair accessibility"? Let's just say it was… optimistic. The elevator, while present (Elevator), was in a wonky part of the building (thankfully Grandmother could manage some steps but this was a major point of contention). The "accessible" path to the Swimming pool [outdoor] was anything but accessible – gravel, uneven surfaces, the works. It was a bit of a bummer, to be honest. The villa team scrambled, though, and did their best with a temporary ramp for the main entrance (Kudos for the effort!). So, accessibility? Technically present, but definitely with a hefty dose of Italian charm (read: improvisation). I'd rate it a 6/10.

Internet Woes and Wi-Fi Wonders (Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Wi-Fi in public areas)

Now, a modern traveler's biggest fear: the internet. I NEEDED to stay connected. The website boasted Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (and, thankfully, it was true). The Wi-Fi in the rooms was relatively solid. The public areas were a little… spotty. Luckily, my room was strong so I could share my constant complaining with the world. However, I always carry a portable hotspot because you never know with Wi-Fi, and I'm glad I did. Internet [LAN] was available -- didn't really need it, honestly.

Things to Do and Ways to Relax (Beyond the Pool, Because, Gravel)

The villa offered a whole host of options. I had GRAND plans for massages, saunas and steams ( Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool). The Spa was on the premises, though (sigh), not the most easily reached. The Gym/fitness equipment looked… well-loved, let's say. The Pool with view was as stunning as it looked in the photos, but sadly, Grandma had a tough time getting there. I did indulge in a Massage -- it was heavenly (that's better than the pool, just the idea of a body wrap made me tired!), and I must say, the masseuse, a lovely woman named Isabella, was an angel! I wish I could just go back for the spa, even if it was a bit of a hike.

Food Glorious Food (And the Occasional Dietary Disaster!)

Alright, let's talk food! Because, Italy. This is where the villa truly shined.

  • Dining, drinking, and snacking (A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant): The restaurant was incredible. A la carte in restaurant was a delight. We had Breakfast [buffet] every morning, and the options were both plentiful and delicious. Freshly baked croissants, local honey, and enough coffee to keep me caffeinated for a week. Loved the Poolside bar. Had a delicious soup at the Soup in restaurant.
  • Alternative meal arrangement: They were very accommodating for my cousin who recently became vegetarian, she loved the Vegetarian restaurant -- or at least, the options that were provided for her at all the restaurants.
  • Special shoutout to the International cuisine in restaurant (and Italian, obviously).

However, here's where things veered into "comedy of errors" territory. I requested a vegan meal option. And they tried. Oh boy, did they try. Let's just say my attempt at veganism was short-lived. My plate arrived with a meticulously arranged (and rather lonely-looking) salad. The chef, bless his heart, also brought me some "special" vegetable broth. Turns out, that broth was made with… chicken stock. I nearly cried, but the waiter looked so mortified, I let it slide. And then I ate cheese. Lots of cheese. Hey, when in Rome…err Cortona!

Cleanliness and Safety (With a Touch of Italian Flair)

I have to say, they took the whole Cleanliness and safety situation seriously.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol: Everything was meticulously cleaned. The team was constantly disinfecting surfaces, they offered hand sanitizers. Hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE. The staff genuinely cared. They also have Front desk [24-hour] and security. I felt incredibly safe.
  • Safe dining setup: They seemed to have the right idea.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: They were professional and helpful.

Services and Conveniences: A Mixed Bag

The Services and conveniences at the villa were a bit of a mixed bag.

  • Services and conveniences: (Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center)
  • Concierge: Was super helpful with booking tours around the hill.
  • Daily housekeeping: Was a lifesaver.
  • Food delivery: They also had some good options.
  • Cash withdrawal: There are other options, but it's very convenient they have this.

For the Kids (and the Inner Child)

I didn't bring the kids, but there were families with children.

  • For the kids: (Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal): The villa seemed very family-friendly. I saw a Family/child friendly and the Kids meal looked fantastic.
  • Babysitting service: It was offered. This is great.

The Rooms: My Personal Oasis (Once I Finally Got There!)

The rooms were lovely.

  • Available in all rooms: (**Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless,
Escape to the Enchanted Forest: Your Dream Apartment Awaits in Waltershausen!

Book Now

Belvilla by OYO Casa Lamate Cortona Italy

Belvilla by OYO Casa Lamate Cortona Italy

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. We're going to Cortona, Italy, to Belvilla by OYO Casa Lamate, and the plan is… well, the plan is basically chaos elegantly arranged. Prepare for a rollercoaster of pasta, prosecco, and potentially mortifying moments.

Cortona-Bound: A Mostly Coherent Adventure (ish…)

Day 1: Arrival & Existential Bread-Eating

  • Morning (or What Passes for It After a Red-Eye): Flight arrives in… well, let's not dwell on the airline. Let's just say the in-flight pretzel situation was a crime against carbohydrates. We land, a little rumpled, a lot caffeinated. Taxi to Casa Lamate. Praying the GPS doesn’t lead us astray, because my sense of direction is, shall we say, fluid.

  • Afternoon: Casa Lamate & Tuscan Bliss (Maybe?) Okay, this is promising. Casa Lamate is gorgeous. Stone walls, terracotta roof, the whole shebang. Immediately lose all sense of worldly worries. I did a little jig on the patio after I dumped our luggage so there are already pictures.

  • Late Afternoon: Bread (the Core of Tuscan Life): Okay, so I got hangry. Needed something. We find a tiny bakery, and MAN, the bread! Crusty, airy, a symphony of simple perfection. Bought a whole loaf. Ate half of it, standing on the sidewalk. Not my proudest moment, but definitely my tastiest. I might have accidentally inhaled some crumbs and choked a little, which the locals mostly ignored. Probably used to it.

  • Evening: Dinner at Trattoria Something-or-Other, Cortona (Hopefully Not Alone): Found a bustling trattoria after much strolling. The pasta…oh, the pasta. Handmade, saucy, delicious. Ordered too much, obviously. Regretted nothing. Accidentally spilled Chianti on myself. The waiter just smiled and brought me another glass. This is Italy, baby! Met some fellow travelers and talked about how we're never leaving.

Day 2: Art, Altitude, and Agony (of the Feet)

  • Morning: Exploring Cortona – The Views (and the Cardio) Cortona is perched on a hill. A very tall hill. The views are breathtaking, the staircases are… well, they’re a workout. Panted my way up to the Piazza della Repubblica, felt slightly less winded once I reached the top.

  • Afternoon: Piazza della Repubblica Vibes: The main piazza is beautiful. Did the usual tourist stuff: picture with the town hall, gelato (a daily requirement, obv), and soaked in the atmosphere. Saw a sweet old lady feeding pigeons, almost cried. (Hormones/pasta, could be either).

  • Late Afternoon: The Religious bit: Went to the beautiful Church of Santa Maria Maggiore, maybe I was lost in thought.

  • Evening: Dinner (Possibly More Pasta) and the Pursuit of Perfect Sunset: We find a place with amazing views and the sunset is, of course, glorious. I think I could live here. And maybe eat pasta every day.

Day 3: Wine (Dear God, Wine), and Wandering Roads

  • Morning: Wine Tasting (Finally!): Okay, so the wine tasting day is here. Started with a tour of a local vineyard, and the views… the vineyards… the wine! I thought I was in heaven. We learned the whole process, the history, the magic. Then came the best part: sampling. Sampled maybe a little too much.

  • Afternoon: Road Trip to…. Somewhere? We have a rental car, and we're off! No real plan, just wandering the Tuscan countryside. Finding random villages, taking photos and maybe getting a little lost. I think we asked for directions 3 times but the people very kindly pointed us to the correct direction

  • Late Afternoon: Back to Casa Lamate, Sun-Kissed (and Possibly Tipsy) Back to the Casa to relax.

  • Evening: Pizza Night (Homemade, Pray for Us): We attempted to make pizza at Casa Lamate. It was… an experience. The dough was lopsided. The toppings… questionable. We laughed so hard, and the pizza was actually okay.

Day 4: Market Mayhem & Cooking Mishaps (and Magical Moments)

  • Morning: Market Madness: Cortona has a fantastic market! The smells, the sights, the chaos! Bought some fresh produce and a couple of souvenirs. Had to bargain with a vendor over a scarf - my Italian is… developing…

  • Afternoon: Cooking Class (Disaster in the Making?) Signed up for a cooking class. Hoping to learn to make pasta like a pro. We learned, and made. The result? Delicious, but the kitchen looked like an explosion of flour and tomato sauce. Worth it.

  • Late Afternoon: Siesta (Needed After All That Food) We hit the bed in the afternoon after enjoying the taste of our labour.

  • Evening: Farewell Dinner (Almost Crying Again): Find a restaurant with a view. The food, the wine, the company. Saying goodbye to this magical place is going to be tough.

Day 5: Departure (With a Heavier Suitcase and a Heavier Heart)

  • Morning: Last-Minute Souvenir Run & Breakfast Panic: Desperate dash to buy those last-minute souvenirs. Stop for pastries. Feeling utterly, completely, ridiculously sad to leave.

  • Late Morning: Head to the Airport, Praying We Don’t Miss the Flight We are going to the nearest airport, which is the nearest. Getting on the plane, feeling a mix of emotions.

Final Thoughts: This itinerary? It’s a guideline, a suggestion. The real magic of Cortona is in the unplanned moments, the spontaneous discoveries, the accidental encounters. Embrace the mess, the imperfect moments, the wrong turns. Let yourself get lost, let yourself laugh, let yourself fall in love with the beauty of Tuscany, and the deliciousness of pasta.

And for the love of everything holy, pack comfortable shoes. You'll need them.

Unbelievable Ski-In/Ski-Out Apartment in Fendels, Austria!

Book Now

Belvilla by OYO Casa Lamate Cortona Italy

Belvilla by OYO Casa Lamate Cortona Italy```html

Escape to Tuscany: Your Dream Villa Awaits... Probably! (FAQ - with more honesty than a politician at a bake sale)

So, "Dream Villa" in Cortona, huh? Sounds a bit...clichéd. Is it *actually* dreamy?

Okay, let's be real. "Dream Villa" is a marketing term, right? Like "world-class cuisine" at an airport Chili's. But here's the deal: Cortona itself? Dreamy potential is HIGH. The villa *itself*... depends on the day, the mosquito situation, and how much wine you’ve consumed. One morning, I woke up to the sunrise kissing the cypress trees and thought, "Yep, dream achieved." Next, the Italian plumbing decided to stage a rebellion, and I was questioning all my life choices. Dreamy? Can be. Usually is, if you're prepared for the occasional burst of reality.

What's the deal with the location in Cortona? Is it central, or am I going to spend my entire vacation mastering the art of reversing on tiny, terrifying Italian roads?

Cortona is, thankfully, magical, not just geographically challenging. The villa's location... that's where things get delightfully unpredictable. "Close to town" might mean a five-minute drive (which feels like an epic adventure on some of those roads), or a fifteen-minute hike (which is lovely, especially if you’re not carrying groceries). I remember one time, we arrived late, exhausted from the journey, and the villa was a *tiny* bit further than the brochure implied. Let's just say the owner, a charming, elderly woman, gestured wildly in Italian, and we followed a series of hairpin turns that made my knuckles white. But hey, the view? Worth it. Just maybe pack Dramamine.

What's the villa *actually* like? Is it full of chipped furniture and cobwebs, or is it... actually nice?

Okay, let's get to the nitty-gritty. The furnishings… they vary. I've seen villas that are straight out of a design magazine (bragging rights!), and I've seen ones that are, shall we say, "rustic." Think: Grandma's attic meets Italian charm. The good news? Most places are clean (thank heavens, Italian cleanliness is almost religious) and full of character. The bad news? That character might include a grumpy plumbing system, wonky wifi, and maybe a few lingering cobwebs. But honestly? That's part of the charm. You're not looking for sterile perfection; you're looking for an adventure. And honestly, a wonky wifi gave me peace.

Can I cook? And more importantly, WILL I cook? (I'm not exactly a chef, you know.)

You *can* cook. Most villas come with a kitchen, blessedly equipped with at least the basics. Will you cook? That depends entirely on your motivation (or lack thereof). Look, Italian food is, well, Italian food. Exquisite. The local markets are bursting with incredible produce, and the wine... don't even get me started. My advice? Embrace the simplicity. Don't try to be fancy. Get some fresh pasta, a bottle of Chianti (or three), and *attempt* something simple. Worst-case scenario? You ruin dinner and eat bread and cheese. Best-case scenario? You discover your inner Italian chef. (I’m still working on it, tbh.)

What's the deal with the pool? Am I going to spend my vacation fighting off hordes of screaming kids?

The pool situation is crucial. Check the details! Some villas have glorious, private pools where you can achieve peak relaxation. Others… well, they might be shared, or smaller than a bathtub. Ask about kids! (Unless you *love* kids, in which case, more power to ya.) There's nothing worse than expecting serene, poolside bliss and getting a water park. My best pool experience involved a stunning view, a chilled bottle of rosé, and complete silence. The worst? A rogue inflatable flamingo and a toddler who kept trying to steal my sunglasses. Buyer beware.

Is there Wi-Fi? (Because, you know, Instagram.)

Yes, usually. But here's the catch: Italian Wi-Fi can be... temperamental. Think of it as a charming, yet unreliable friend. It might work perfectly, or it might disappear entirely at the most inconvenient moments (like when you're trying to upload that perfect sunset pic). Embrace the potential for digital detox. Seriously. Put down the phone. Look up. Breathe. Enjoy the *actual* view. (But yeah, I always bring a portable charger just in case.) Also, remember the time I was trying to FaceTime my mom and the Wi-Fi died? Hilarious at the time? No. Now? Absolutely.

What about mosquitos? (Because I'm a mosquito magnet.)

Oh, the mosquitos. They're a thing. Tuscany: beautiful, romantic... and a buffet for bloodthirsty insects. Bring bug spray. Several brands. Ones with DEET. The works. Also, mosquito nets around your bed are your best friend, unless you are sleeping in the summer's heat. I still have battle scars from a particularly vicious squadron of Tuscan mosquitos. Don't underestimate them. They are stealthy. They are relentless. And they will ruin your sleep if you let them.

What are some of the highlights of a trip to Cortona?

Okay, so, even with the potential for plumbing mishaps and mosquito wars, Cortona is freaking *amazing*. The views are epic – sweeping panoramas of rolling hills dotted with cypress trees that will make you want to weep with joy. The food! Oh, the food! From simple trattorias to Michelin-starred restaurants, you will eat, and you will love it. But seriously, you have to, MUST, visit the Piazza Garibaldi at sunset. And try to find a local wine, and just people-watch: It’s pure magic. The vibe is relaxed, charming, and authentically Italian. Just be prepared for the occasional language barrier. And learn some basic Italian phrases. It’s good manners. And honestly, it's fun!

Any tips for booking?

Read the reviews! Don't just look at the pictures. People will be brutally honest (thank goodness). Contact the owner or the rental agency with specific questions. Clarify *everything*. Be clear about what's included (and what's not). And be prepared to pay a deposit. Most importantly? Be flexible. Things might not always go exactly as planned. Embrace the chaos. That slightly wonky Wi-Fi, those grumpy mosquitoes, the Italian roads—they're all part of the experience. My advice is to make memories and enjoy every single, glorious, imperfect moment.

Hotel Finder Reviews

Belvilla by OYO Casa Lamate Cortona Italy

Belvilla by OYO Casa Lamate Cortona Italy

Belvilla by OYO Casa Lamate Cortona Italy

Belvilla by OYO Casa Lamate Cortona Italy