Assisi Escape: Your Dream Poolside Cottage Awaits!

Cozy cottage with pool in Assisi Assisi Italy

Cozy cottage with pool in Assisi Assisi Italy

Assisi Escape: Your Dream Poolside Cottage Awaits!

Assisi Escape: My Poolside Cottage Dream (and a Few Hiccups!) - A Messy, Honest Review

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got back from Assisi Escape, and let me tell you… it was a journey. Not just a vacation, a full-blown experience. Prepare yourselves for some real talk, because this isn't one of those polished, airbrushed reviews - this is the messy, sweaty truth.

SEO & Metadata Jumble (Gotta appease the algorithm gods, right?):

  • Keywords: Assisi Escape, Poolside Cottage, Accessible Hotel, Wheelchair Accessible Assisi, Spa Resort Italy, Family-Friendly Hotel, Romantic Getaway Assisi, Free Wi-Fi, Outdoor Pool, Restaurant Review, Italian Cuisine, Spa Review, Accessible Amenities, Luxury Hotel Italy
  • Metadata Description: A brutally honest review of Assisi Escape! Details on accessibility, dining, spa experiences, kid-friendly facilities, cleanliness, and the overall vibe. Plus, the good, the bad, and the gloriously imperfect bits of my stay.

Accessibility: So, About Navigating the Cobblestones…

Right, first things first: the accessibility. They say it's accessible. And technically, yes, the entryways and some of the rooms seem to be designed with accessibility in mind. But Assisi itself? Honey, it's built on a mountain. Expect cobblestones, steep inclines, and the occasional heart-stopping moment. While the hotel itself is trying, the terrain of the whole place really is a huge thing to consider.. which they don't tell you, exactly.

Rambling Thoughts on Wheelchair Accessibility:

  • The Good: Ramp access is present to the lobby, the pool, and some of the rooms. This is where they're excelling.
  • The Bad: The bathroom was tight. Like, really tight. Turning around in my wheelchair was a workout. Might be a problem, depending on your needs.
  • The Ugly: Getting anywhere outside the hotel? Forget it. Unless you're up for a Herculean effort on wheels, it's taxi or bust. Pray for a patient driver.

On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: I'm not entirely sure. I didn't look too hard. I'm betting there are. Wheelchair accessible: mentioned above.

Internet: Bless the Wi-Fi Gods!

  • Internet & Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!: YES! Thank the heavens! Free Wi-Fi is a non-negotiable for me. And it worked! I mean, mostly. There were a few moments where the connection went poof, especially during peak hours. But hey, it's Italy. Patience!
  • Internet & Internet [LAN] & Internet services: LAN? Honestly, I didn't even try. I came to disconnect, not wire myself up. But the Wi-Fi was good enough for my needs.
  • Wi-Fi in public areas: Yep, it worked in the lobby and around the pool. Perfect for Insta-bragging about my Aperol Spritz.

Things To Do & Ways to Relax (Oh, the Relaxation!):

  • Body Scrub, Body Wrap, Fitness Center, Foot Bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Okay, this is where Assisi Escape really shines. The spa is heavenly. I may or may not have spent a whole afternoon lost in the sauna (a particular highlight, I am told!).
    • The Pool with a View: Magnificent! I mean, seriously, the views are to die for. Sipping a Negroni while gazing out over the Umbrian countryside? Pure bliss.
    • The Massage: Worth every single penny. The therapist was incredibly skilled, kneading away all the stress that the flight, the cobblestones, and the sheer Italianness of it all had caused.
    • My Sauna Situation: Let's just say I like to sweat. And the sauna was perfect. I took a book. I lost track of time. I emerged feeling like a new person. It was possibly the best part of my entire trip.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Secure (Mostly)

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Cleanliness, Hygiene certification: They clearly took the whole pandemic thing seriously. Everything felt clean and well-maintained.
  • Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit: Always a plus. Never had to use them, thankfully.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere! Even in the pool (kidding… mostly).
  • Individually-wrapped food options: Appreciated.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Safe dining setup: They were trying. But people are people, and some guests clearly forgot the rules, especially in the breakfast buffet.
  • Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays: Good to see.
  • Shared stationery removed: Understood.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Definitely. They were masked and vigilant.
  • Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Sterilizing equipment: Always. They are good.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas, Hot water linen and laundry washing: They are being on top of their game.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking (The Food, Sweet Food!):

  • A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Food is a big deal for an Italian hotel.
    • The Breakfast Buffet: A Love-Hate Relationship: The buffet was… well, a buffet. Enough said. The pastries? Divine. The coffee? Strong, just the way I like it. The crowd? A bit chaotic. Grab your plate and prepare to battle for your prosciutto.
    • Poolside Bar: My Happy Place: Aperol Spritz, anyone? The bar was a lifesaver. The staff were friendly, the atmosphere was relaxed, and the drinks were strong.
    • A La Carte Dinner: The Italian restaurant was amazing. Fresh pasta, delicious wine, heavenly desserts… but the service was slow. Like, really, really slow. But hey, what's the hurry, right? (Though, maybe speed it up just a smidge next time, por favor?)

Services and Conveniences: The Essentials

This is where it gets a little tedious, so I'll blast through them. The usual:

  • Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: Standard. Functional. Nothing to write home about, really. The concierge was helpful in getting me a taxi, even if I was late for the taxi. Thank you for that.
  • Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Everything you require is available. Just consider that it is in Italy.

For the Kids: (For the Families)

  • Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: I don't have kids. But there were plenty of families, and the hotel seemed well-equipped for them. I saw a playground, some kids' activities, and of course, the all-important kids’ menu.

Access, Security and Safety (The Bits That Matter)

  • CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms: I felt safe. The security was good.
  • Safety/security feature, Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms: Standard.
  • **Pets allowed unavailable: **Not that I saw.

Getting Around (The Big Question):

  • Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Transportation is a major thing to consider.
    • Airport Transfer & Taxi Service: The airport transfer was smooth. The taxi service, as I mentioned, was essential. You'll need it. Embrace it. Don't even think of trying to walk…
Unbelievable Belvilla Escape: Assisi & Spello Await!

Book Now

Cozy cottage with pool in Assisi Assisi Italy

Cozy cottage with pool in Assisi Assisi Italy

Assisi: My Assisi Adventure (A Messy, Beautiful Itinerary)

Okay, so here’s the plan… or at least, what I hope is the plan. This is more of a loose suggestion, a suggestion with lots of room for spontaneous gelato stops and existential crises fueled by Umbrian wine. I booked a cozy cottage with a pool (the selling point, honestly) in Assisi. Fingers crossed it's not infested with spiders the size of my head (the thought keeps me up at night).

Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Gratification (aka, that pool!)

  • 10:00 AM: Arrive at Rome Fiumicino Airport. Pray to the travel gods my luggage actually makes it. I’ve packed everything (including three different kinds of sunscreen because, you know, commitment).
  • 11:30 AM: Pick up rental car. (Pray again. I'm a terrible driver, especially on Italian roads. My mantra: "Don't hit the Vespa, don't hit the Vespa…")
  • 1:30 PM: Drive to Assisi. This is where the real fun begins. I've downloaded a Spotify playlist filled with cheesy Italian pop music. Consider this my soundtrack to inevitable wrong turns.
  • 3:00 PM: Check into the cottage! The moment of truth. Will it be charming? Will it be infested? Hold your breath…
  • 3:30 PM: THE POOL TIME! Okay, I might have been more excited about this than the historical significance of Assisi. Jump in. Assess. Sunbathe. Basically, recover from the travel stress in glorious chlorinated bliss.
  • 6:00 PM: Attempt to locate a local grocery store. I'm picturing myself navigating a maze of cobblestone streets in a tiny Fiat, sweating and slightly panicked. Hopefully, I won't crash into anything.
  • 7:30 PM: Dinner at the cottage. Something simple, like pasta with pesto. (I might accidentally buy a whole wheel of parmesan. It’s inevitable.)
  • 8:30 PM: Attempt to learn a few Italian phrases. "Buongiorno!" That's all I got. Maybe "Un bicchiere di vino, per favore?" is next.

Day 2: Saint Francis & Spectacular Views (and Maybe a Meltdown)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the cottage. Coffee (necessary for survival) and whatever I managed to scavenge from the grocery store. Probably a stale croissant.
  • 10:00 AM: Visit the Basilica di San Francesco d'Assisi. Look, I know this is Important. But I'm also a bit of a spiritual skeptic. I'll try to be respectful, really I will. I'll be more interested in the art than the history - that's an honest confession.
  • 12:00 PM: Meander through the medieval streets. Get utterly lost. Embrace the chaos! This is where the “charm” factor hopefully kicks in, right?
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch at a trattoria. Find a place with a view. Order something I can't pronounce, the real Italian experience.
  • 2:30 PM: The Great Climb. The Rocca Maggiore. Apparently, you can see the whole of Umbria. (Also, there's a lot of climbing involved. Ugh. I’m already regretting the pasta.) Prepare for epic views and my potential wheezing.
  • 4:00 PM: Gelato break. Mandatory. I will embrace the sugar coma. Pistachio, always pistachio.
  • 5:00 PM: Another round of walking or the need to find a bench and do nothing! Do it when I fell ready.
  • 6:30 PM: Sunset aperitivo! Find a bar with a balcony (or an outdoor table, whatever) and sip Aperol Spritz while watching the sun go down. This is the life, right?
  • 7:30 PM: Dinner somewhere new. Maybe I'll actually be brave and try to order in Italian. (Wish me luck!)
  • 9:00 PM: Contemplation. Journaling. Staring at stars. Possibly crying a little bit because I'm just so overwhelmed with beauty.

Day 3: The Valley & Vulnerability

  • 9:00 AM: Lazy morning. Pool time. Read a book. Just breathe.
  • 11:00 AM: Drive to the Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli, to see the Porziuncola (a small chapel). This is serious history. Maybe I’ll feel something spiritual here.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch. Explore a new town or just have a picnic.
  • 2:30 PM: The Secret Garden. I really need to find a secret garden. A quiet spot, a hidden gem. Somewhere to escape the crowds. A moment of total peace. (This is my quest).
  • 4:00 PM: Wine tasting! Visit a local vineyard. Learn about Umbrian wines. (I might buy a bottle. Or two.)
  • 6:00 PM: Rest up. Prepare a good meal at the cottage, the meal can be anything available at the time.
  • 7:30 PM: Dinner & relax with a nice beverage.
  • 8:30 PM: Journaling & reflections.
  • 9:30 PM: Reading

Day 4: Day Trip & Discoveries

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast at cottage
  • 10:00 AM: Day trip to a nearby town like Perugia. The journey is the destination, right? Getting lost in unfamiliar places.
  • 12:00 PM: Explore a new town. Get lost again. Marvel at the history.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch with traditional Italian foods.
  • 2:30 PM: Do some shopping, buy something.
  • 4:00 PM: Find a great gelato shop and enjoy a good gelato.
  • 5:00 PM: Return to Assisi.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner
  • 8:00 PM: Stare at the clouds and contemplate life

Day 5: Departure & Denial

  • 9:00 AM: Last breakfast. Savor the final coffee.
  • 10:00 AM: Check out of the cottage. (Sob quietly.)
  • 10:30 AM: One last stroll through Assisi. Buy a souvenir. (Possibly something ridiculously overpriced and unnecessary.) Regret not buying more.
  • 12:00 PM: Drive back to Rome Fiumicino Airport.
  • 2:00 PM: Return the rental car. Pray I haven't dented it.
  • 3:00 PM: Board flight home. Already planning my return trip. Thinking of a full-on retirement in this Italian dreamland.
  • 8:00 PM: Cry and reminisce about the amazing trip.
  • 8:30 PM: Start planning the next trip.

Important Caveats (because life isn't perfect):

  • I am prepared for rain. And for my carefully-planned itinerary to be completely ignored. That's the beauty of travel, right?
  • My Italian is terrible. I will rely heavily on hand gestures and the kindness of strangers.
  • I will probably get lost. Multiple times.
  • I may have an emotional breakdown. It's Italy. It's beautiful. I'm a sensitive person.
  • Most importantly: I am going to relax, have fun, and embrace the imperfections of the journey.

This is just a framework, a starting point. The best moments will inevitably be the unplanned ones. Here’s to gelato, cobblestones, and the messy, beautiful adventure of Assisi! Wish me luck!

Escape to Your Dream Forest Cabin in Rohrnbach, Germany!

Book Now

Cozy cottage with pool in Assisi Assisi Italy

Cozy cottage with pool in Assisi Assisi Italy```html

Assisi Escape: You're Thinking About It... AREN'T YOU? (FAQ!)

Okay, spill. What *actually* is Assisi Escape? Is this some kind of Instagram-filtered paradise, or what?

Ugh, I know, right? Insta-paradise gets old REAL fast. Alright, so Assisi Escape is… well, it’s a *dream*. (Okay, maybe that sounds like the marketing, but stick with me). It's this adorable poolside cottage, nestled somewhere in the heart of… well, I'll tell you, it *feels* like the heart of Tuscany, but it’s actually – shhh! – somewhere a little closer. And yes, there *is* a pool. A gorgeous, turquoise, "jump-right-in-and-forget-your-life" kind of pool. Trust me, I've been. Or… tried to be. Let's just say I have a *complicated* relationship with pools. More on that later. Basically, it's supposed to be your escape. A place to drink wine, stare at the stars, and maybe... just *maybe*... finally finish that novel you’ve been *meaning* to write for, like, a decade. It’s marketed as a romantic getaway, a family retreat, a solo-soul-searching adventure. You know, *all* the things.

How do I even *find* this place? Google Maps has utterly failed me in the past.

Ah, the mystery! The address is a tightly-held secret, adding to the allure, I'd wager. Not gonna lie, I struggled myself. But they provide, like, ridiculously detailed directions. Like, “turn left at the slightly crooked olive tree with the bird's nest on the third branch down.” Seriously. It’s part of the charm, I think. It forces you to *unplug* a bit. Unless, you know, you're like me and get hopelessly lost and end up screaming at your phone (after the battery dies, naturally). Pack a map. And maybe a very patient friend.

The pool! Tell me about the pool! Is the water freezing or just… tepid?

Okay, okay, THE POOL. This is where things get... personal. Look, I have a thing. Not just with cold water. It's a phobia, a legitimate, "I-might-actually-scream" aversion. The *first* time I went to Assisi Escape (or, at least, the *attempt* at it – remember I mentioned “complicated relationship?”), the pool was shimmering, inviting. And I took one peek. And… nope. Nope, nope, nope. I was *convinced* it was ice water. I spent an entire afternoon just poking at it with my toes. Which is, frankly, embarrassing. Apparently, it's heated. At a very reasonable temperature. (According to everyone *else* who wasn't me!) But, that story is not the whole thing. I *did* eventually get in. After copious amounts of courage (and Pinot Grigio). And you know what? It was... amazing. Seriously. Like, melt-into-the-sun's-rays-and-forget-all-your-troubles amazing. So, you know… there's a chance I might have been a little dramatic. Just a little.

What's the cottage like? Is it actually… charming? Or just aggressively rustic?

Charming. Absolutely. It’s not some sterile, minimalist hotel room, thank goodness. Think exposed beams, a fireplace that actually *works* (a HUGE win in my book), and a kitchen that’s… well, it’s *cute*. Not exactly a chef's dream, maybe, but perfectly adequate for making pasta and pretending you're a Tuscan goddess. It smells like… well, like a cottage! In a good way. Like aged wood and sunshine. And maybe a hint of delicious olive oil. The beds are comfortable, the linens are crisp, and there's usually a bottle of wine waiting for you. (And a small, frantic note from me on how to open the darn thing).

Are there any hidden fees? Because nobody likes hidden fees.

Okay, this is where I get twitchy. Hidden fees… they’re the bane of my existence. Assisi Escape is pretty good, to be honest. They're upfront about everything. Now, there's a small cleaning fee, but that's standard. Everything else is pretty much as advertised. Unlike *some* places, you won't be hit with a surprise charge for the air you're breathing (although, if they *did* charge extra for the air quality, it might actually be worth it!). So go in peace of mind.

Is there Wi-Fi? (Let's be honest, we need to know.)

Yes, thankfully. Okay, I get why everyone asks. We're all tethered to our devices, right? There is Wi-Fi. It's decent, but let's be clear: this isn't a place for hardcore work. It's more for checking emails, posting an envy-inducing picture of the sunset, and maybe… just maybe… putting off that work project a *little* longer. Embrace the digital detox. (Or don't. No judgement!).

What about food? Do I have to cook? Is there a grocery store nearby?

Yes, there *is* a grocery store nearby. Thankfully. And, yes, you will likely have to cook. Unless you plan on subsisting solely on bread and cheese, which, hey, I’m not judging. The kitchen is equipped, but again, don’t expect a five-star kitchen. There are some fantastic local markets and farm stands. Seriously, the tomatoes alone are worth the trip. (And possibly worth getting lost for). Just remember to pack your own salt and pepper. And maybe a corkscrew. (I speak from experience.)

Can I bring my dog? I'd never leave Fido behind!

YES! (Probably should've mentioned that earlier.) They're dog-friendly. Seriously, they practically welcome them with open arms (and maybe a dog biscuit or two). It's a huge plus, especially if your dog is anything like mine – a furry, four-legged drama queen who considers every trip an adventure. Just double-check the specific pet policy when booking, you know, the usual stuff about cleaning up after them and keeping them from, well... eating the furniture. Because, trust me, that's a legitimate concern with *my* dog.

Okay, so, the verdict? Worth it?

Alright, the millionHotel Search Tips

Cozy cottage with pool in Assisi Assisi Italy

Cozy cottage with pool in Assisi Assisi Italy

Cozy cottage with pool in Assisi Assisi Italy

Cozy cottage with pool in Assisi Assisi Italy