Escape to Paradise: Casablanca Suites - Your Morro Jable Dream Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Casablanca Suites - Morro Jable Dream… Maybe? A Rambling, Honest Review.
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from "Escape to Paradise: Casablanca Suites" in Morro Jable, and let me tell you, it was a trip. Forget the polished travel brochure – this is the real deal, warts and all. Let's break it down, shall we? And by break it down, I mean, let's ramble.
Metadata & SEO Stuff (Gotta please those Google bots, ya know?)
- Keywords: Morro Jable, Casablanca Suites, Fuerteventura, Hotel Review, Accessible Hotel, Spa, Pool, Wi-Fi, Family Friendly, Beachfront, Canary Islands, Spain, Travel Review, Luxury Hotel, Reviews, Best Hotels
- Meta Description: Honest review of Casablanca Suites in Morro Jable, Fuerteventura. Accessibility, facilities, cleanliness, dining, and overall experience dissected with quirky observations and real-life anecdotes. Is it really paradise? Find out!
Accessibility: The Good, The "Meh," and the Unexpected.
Okay, first things first: Accessibility. I'm not in a wheelchair myself, but I always look out for this detail. The website claimed to be pretty good, and… well, it's a mixed bag. Elevators? Check. Ramps where needed? Mostly check. But the devil, as they say, is in the details. The pool area? Looked mostly accessible, but some of the chairs seemed tricky to maneuver around. And I swear, that little lip at the entrance to the restaurant? A minor inconvenience for me, a potential Everest for someone else. So, you know, "mostly accessible" isn't fully accessible, which is worth keeping in mind.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: Can't personally verify this, but website indicated presence of accessible dining.
Wheelchair accessible: Yes. But with caveats (see above).
Internet & Wi-Fi: The Eternal Struggle
Internet, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!: Yes to both! Praise be! Look, I need my internet. It's like oxygen. I work remotely, I watch cat videos, I update my dating profiles… you get the picture. And Casablanca Scores big points here. Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas: All present and accounted for. The Wi-Fi in the room was generally reliable, and that's a huge win in my book. There was a LAN port in the room which is kind of archaic by now, but whatever floats your boat.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa-tastic… or Not?
Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Okay, this is where it gets juicy. The website photos? Glorious! That infinity pool with the ocean view? Swoon. In reality, it was… nice. But here’s where I’m gonna get a little… personal. I went for a massage. And it was… okay. Look, I’m no massage expert, but the ambiance was a bit “clinical spa,” not “zen oasis.” I wanted flowing robes; I got a plastic gown. I wanted whale songs; I got… generic elevator music. But the massage itself? Pretty good. It eased those knots from staring at a laptop too long. The pool area was nice though. The view from the pool with a view was truly outstanding. Steamroom, Sauna, Spa/sauna were all there, but I didn't get a chance to use them. Maybe next time!
Cleanliness & Safety: Sanitized or… Pretend Sanitized?
Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: This is the COVID era, folks. And Casablanca Suites tried. They really, really did. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff in masks. But… you know how they say you can't polish a turd? Well, you can try. The rooms looked clean, but I did find a stray hair in the bathroom that DEFINITELY wasn't mine. And the "safe dining setup"? Felt a little like eating in a sterile lab, but I guess safety first! The daily disinfection felt good, but could have been a touch less aggressively executed… my sinuses got a workout!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food… (Mostly)
A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: The buffet breakfast was a war zone. A delicious war zone, mind you, with omelet stations and crispy bacon. But… let's just say social distancing was more of a suggestion than a rule. I saw a guy sneeze directly over the pastries. (Okay, I’m exaggerating slightly). But the coffee? Divine! Strong, hot, and much-needed after the… "experience" of the buffet. The poolside bar? Excellent! Those cocktails were strong (and maybe a little too easy to drink). The restaurants were good, the Happy Hour was a must. Room service [24-hour]? Score!
Services & Conveniences: The Little Things…
Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: The Concierge was a lifesaver. Always helpful with recommendations. The Daily housekeeping was efficient, but again, see above re: stray hairs… I mean, I wasn’t expecting surgical cleanliness here, but a little more attention to detail wouldn't hurt. Elevator? Yes, thankfully. Air conditioning in public area was great, since the outside world can be hot! The currency exchange was helpful. Let's face it, the abundance of services and conveniences really elevated the experience.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly or… Tolerated?
Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: I didn't bring any kids, so I can only speculate, but the kids facilities seemed present, from what I could see, it looked like the hotel was welcoming to families.
Available in All Rooms: The Nitty-Gritty
Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: My room? Pretty good. The view from the high floor was gorgeous. The blackout curtains were essential for sleeping off that… ahem… "Happy Hour" I mentioned. The mini-bar was appropriately stocked, but those prices… yikes! Free bottled water was much appreciated. The Wi-Fi [free] was, again, a godsend. And the bathrobes? Always a win. It’s the little things that matter.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy
Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Getting around was a cinch. Car park [free of charge] was a welcome sight.
The Verdict?
Look, Casablanca Suites isn't perfect. It's got its quirks.
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Noordwijk Holiday Home, Steps from the Beach!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is… well, this is me, trying to wrangle a trip to Casablanca, Fuerteventura, and Morro Jable Suites into something resembling a plan. Let’s hope I don’t lose my mind, or my passport, in the process…
The “Almost Nailed It” Itinerary: Casablanca, Fuerteventura & Morro Jable (and a whole lotta internal monologue)
Pre-Trip Panic Phase (aka: The Weeks Leading Up to the Departure)
- Weeks 1-3: Constant checking of flight prices. Obsessive Googling of "Moroccan spices" and "How NOT to get ripped off at the Casablanca souk." Imagining myself effortlessly bartering in perfect French (spoiler alert: this is a lie). Mild existential dread about leaving my beloved comfort zone. My cat, Mr. Whiskers, seems to sense my unease. He’s started sleeping on my suitcase. Rude.
- Week 4: Scrambling. Booking last-minute airport transfer, because, duh, I put it off. Realizing my passport expires in, like, a week after the trip. PANIC ATTACK! Luckily, it's, you know, not actually expiring. Double checking it. Still, feels risky, and it is a pain in the butt to check that when you want to travel some days.
Day 1: Casablanca – Arrival and the Sizzling Swelter
- Getting There: Flight from [Insert Origin City, Let's Assume London] to Casablanca. The usual airplane theatre: babies screaming, someone’s snoring louder than a Harley Davidson, the guy in front of me reclining his seat approximately 0.002 seconds after takeoff. I swear, it’s a competition. But hey, free peanuts! And the view from above is nice, though I tend to fall asleep on the plane, the view doesn't last long.
- First Impressions: Casablanca. Wow. It’s hot. Like, melting-your-eyeballs-and-making-your-underarms-sweat hot. The air practically shimmers. My taxi driver… well, let’s just say he had a very liberal interpretation of the "shortest route." I immediately suspected I was being taken for a ride, but I couldn't complain because I didn't know the language, but now with technology, I can, but I didn't. Whatever, the city is alive! The old town, filled with people. The souks are a sensory overload – spices piled high, the aroma of grilling meats, the constant call to prayer echoing through the narrow streets. I nearly got trampled by a donkey cart. That's a first, anyway. I also nearly got into an argument about the price of a rug. "But it's hand-woven!" the shop-owner insisted. "Yeah, hand-woven by a demon," I almost said (it was pricey).
- The Hassan II Mosque: Okay, seriously. Breathtaking. Just…wow. The sheer scale, the intricate details, the way it seems to float on the water… It’s a religious architectural masterpiece, so gorgeous I was tempted to start praying just to stay a while longer (just kidding, sort of). I'm definitely going to stay there for a while, I am.
Day 2: Casablanca – More City and Maybe a Little Soul-Searching
- Breakfast Blunders: That Moroccan orange juice? Divine. That slightly-stale croissant? Less so. My attempts to order "un café s'il vous plaît" were met with blank stares. Turns out, my French is, as suspected, dreadful.
- Exploring the Medina (Old City): Got properly lost. Again. Wandered through a labyrinth of narrow alleys, dodging motorbikes and the occasional aggressive cat. Found a tiny, unassuming cafe and had the best tagine of my life. Seriously. Heart-stoppingly good. This is what I came for!
- The Rick's Cafe "Experience": Yeah, the famous Rick's Cafe from the Casablanca movie. It's…a bit touristy. And overpriced. But hey, the cocktails were decent and I was happy there. Had a moment with the movie; definitely worth it! Overall, a cool experience.
Day 3: Travel Day! Casablanca to Fuerteventura (Pray for My Sanity)
- Early Start and Airport Woes: Early flight to Fuerteventura. The airport was a glorious mess. Checked in, went through security, got a questionable coffee, almost missed my flight because I got distracted by a particularly flamboyant hat in a shop. You know how it goes, right?
- Fuerteventura Arrival: Landed in Fuerteventura. Ah, the wind! It’s like being kissed by a giant, sandy hand. The landscape hit me, it's all shades of rusty brown and yellow. Checked into my hotel, Morro Jable Suites. The room is nice, but the view isn't what the brochure promised. Sigh.
- First beach experience: The beach! The waves!!! The sand… every single grain. I wanted to cry, laugh, and run! the beach is wide and open. The feeling, after a flight, getting into the ocean… what an experience it was, made me forget all the traveling. I spent the whole afternoon swimming in the ocean and tanning.
Day 4: Fuerteventura – Coastal Vibes and Windsurfing (and Maybe Faceplanting)
- Morro Jable Exploration: Quick wander around Morro Jable. Pretty little town. The seafood looked tempting.
- Windsurfing attempt: Okay, I signed up for a windsurfing lesson. I envisioned myself gracefully gliding across the waves, a vision of effortless cool. The reality? A whole lot of falling. A LOT. The instructor, a sunny local, kept laughing, apparently, my balance is as good as a jelly fish. I definitely fell in the ocean, swallow a bit of water, it was funny, and a great experience!
- Dinner and Relaxation: After windsurfing (aka, flailing), I deserved to be pampered. Dinner at a charming restaurant overlooking the sea. Fresh grilled fish and a glass of local wine. Bliss. The sun set. It was perfect.
Day 5: Fuerteventura – Lounging, Maybe Driving (And the Eternal Search for Good Tapas)
- Lazy Beach Day: That wind is amazing, but I am a little bit tired. Read a book, soaked up the sun. It's amazing just being here, and enjoying the sun!
- The Tapas Quest: The quest to find authentic, delicious tapas is a never-ending journey. I've sampled some questionable patatas bravas already. If I don't found good tapas, I swear I'll cry.
- Sunset Stroll: One last magical stroll along the beach, watching the sunset. The light is just incredible. I don't want to leave!
Day 6: It's Time To Say Goodbye
- Packed. Packed with memories.
- Getting to the airport: I'm at the airport. Waiting for my flight, waiting in line, got late. Overall, the trip was quite an adventure. The memories, and the lessons I learn, will last forever.
Post-Trip Debrief (aka: the "Now What?" Phase)
- Back home. I'm unpacking my suitcase, still finding sand in everything.
- I'm already planning my next trip. Where to next? Who knows?
- But one thing is certain: I'll always remember this. The good, the bad, and the slightly insane. And that's what makes it worth it.