Altea, Spain: Your Dream Apartment Awaits! (Stunning Photos Inside!)

Amazing apartment in Unknown w/ Altea Spain

Amazing apartment in Unknown w/ Altea Spain

Altea, Spain: Your Dream Apartment Awaits! (Stunning Photos Inside!)

Altea, Spain: Your Dream Apartment Awaits! (Oh, Boy, Do They!) - A REALLY Real Review

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I’m about to spill the tea on Altea, SPAIN! And not just a polite, “Oh, it was lovely.” This is the real deal, the warts-and-all, the "I’m pretty sure I left a sock in the sauna" review you didn't know you craved. This ain’t sponsored, y’all. This is pure, unadulterated EXPERIENCE.

First off, the title: "Your Dream Apartment Awaits!" Yeah, well, my dream always involves at least a tiny chocolate fountain. Spoiler alert: no chocolate fountain. BUT, hey, maybe your dream is slightly less… Willy Wonka-esque than mine. Let's get into it.

Accessibility & Get Around:

Right off the bat, let’s address the elephant in the room (or the cobblestone streets): Accessibility. Getting around Altea can be… challenging, shall we say? It’s gorgeous, perched on a hill like a sunbathing cat, which translates to: Steep. VERY steep. I’m reasonably fit, and I found myself huffing and puffing like a Victorian chimney sweep on more than one occasion. The Elevator is your best friend, trust me. Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site], God bless ‘em. Finding a spot is another story. Airport transfer? ABSOLUTELY DO IT. Don't even think about the stress of driving yourself after a flight. Unless you like stress, in which case, knock yourself out!

Wheelchair accessible: Honestly, I didn’t specifically assess this, but the general layout shouts "challenge". However, they've got a good thing going for the facilities for disabled guests, they try, bless 'em. And there's a taxi service.

Rooms, Rooms, Glorious Rooms! (Mostly)

Okay, let’s talk about the actual digs. My room? Decent. Air conditioning? Praise be. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (and throughout, which is a HUGE plus). The Internet access – wireless was generally good, the Internet access – LAN less reliable (who uses LAN anymore?!). The bathrobes were plush, the slippers a nice touch. I loved the Blackout curtains – crucial for battling the Spanish sun. The extra long bed? Absolute bliss. I could finally starfish without worrying about dangling appendages. Desk, Laptop workspace and Coffee/tea maker were all solid.

Now, a slight confession: I got so excited about the separate shower/bathtub combo that I almost forgot to mention the slightly… odd… placement of the Mirror. I think it was strategically angled to highlight my chin-wrinkles first thing in the morning. Not the most flattering start to the day, but a good reminder of my mortality, I suppose. The Daily housekeeping was meticulous.

**A BIG shout out to the *In-room safe box* and the Safety/security feature!**

Food, Glorious Food (and Coffee…lots of Coffee!)

Dining, drinking, and snacking: Oh, the food! This is where Altea really shines. Restaurants abound, offering everything from traditional tapas to fancy-pants international fare. The A la carte in restaurant was generally excellent. I had a particularly memorable paella one evening. (More on that later… it involved rice, the sea, and a near-disaster…stay tuned!). The Asian cuisine in restaurant was unexpectedly great! They really tried. I mostly skipped the Western breakfast and went straight for the Coffee/tea in restaurant! that was excellent! Poolside bar? Yes, please. The Snack bar provided much-needed fuel for my constant wanderings.

Here's a story for you. One day, fuelled by a particularly strong cortado (Spanish coffee – be warned, it’s potent!), I decided to attempt the ascent to the highest point of the old town. I found myself in a tiny, family-run tapas place, and the air just… hummed with happiness. The food was simple – patatas bravas, jamón, crusty bread – but the flavor was phenomenal. I ended up chatting to the owner’s grandmother, who, despite not speaking a lick of English, managed to communicate through gestures and laughter. She made me feel like I was part of the family! It was far from the "dream apartment", but it was one of the most genuine experiences of my entire holiday. The bottle of water, a seemingly small offering, was actually heaven-sent after my climb! I have to get back to the Breakfast takeaway service and the Room service [24-hour],! The Desserts in restaurant, I'm telling you…

Ways to Relax…and Get Worked on (in a good way!)

Speaking of the ascent… I needed some serious relaxation after that. Thankfully, Altea has options! The Spa/sauna, Sauna and Steamroom are top notch, I'll take a Foot bath as well

Swimming pool and Swimming pool [outdoor], both superb. The Pool with view? Unbeatable. The view from the Terrace was even better.

I treated myself to a Massage – pure bliss. The Body scrub and Body wrap sounded tempting, but honestly, I was too busy eating tapas.

Cleanliness and Safety: The New Normal (and They Take It Seriously)

Okay, let’s talk about the elephant in the room (yes, the other one): Cleanliness and safety. The place was spotless. Daily disinfection in common areas. They were all over it. You could literally smell the Anti-viral cleaning products – not in a harsh, chemical-y way, but in a clean, fresh way. The Staff trained in safety protocol. The Hand sanitizer was everywhere. The Physical distancing of at least 1 meter was mostly observed. They're doing a great job of keeping everything safe and secure.

Things to Do (Beyond Eating…Maybe)

Beyond the food coma, Altea offers plenty to keep you busy. The Shrine is pretty, the Smoking area for all the smokers out there. The Family/child friendly is a bonus. The Gift/souvenir shop, is okay. The Bicycle parking a plus.

My Most Memorable Moment (involving Rice, the Sea, and NEAR-DISASTER!)

Okay, brace yourselves. This is the paella story I teased earlier. So, I booked a meal at a charming little restaurant by the sea. The paella arrived, a glorious mountain of saffron-infused rice, seafood, and… well, perfection. I dove in, savoring every bite. Then, a rogue wave – a monstrous rogue wave – crashed over the sea wall. The table rocked, the tablecloth flew, and for a heart-stopping moment, I thought the entire restaurant was going to become a submarine buffet. My paella… well, it survived! I scooped the sand out and ate the rest. (Don't judge me. I was hungry!) It was terrifying, hilarious, and utterly unforgettable. And a testament to the resilience of both Spanish cuisine and my stomach.

The Annoyances (Because Nothing's Perfect!)

Okay, the downsides. The lack of a chocolate fountain. (I'm still not over it). The occasional noise from the street at night. The internet occasionally acting like a sleepy sloth. The walk back up from the beach. (Again, the hills!)

Conclusion: Should You Go?

YES! Despite my minor gripes and my near-paella-cataclysm, Altea is a gem. It’s beautiful, charming, and full of life. It’s a place where you can relax, eat amazing food, and have experiences you'll never forget. The "Dream Apartment" might not be perfect, but the spirit of Altea more than makes up for it. Just be prepared for those hills, and maybe pack a spare pair of pants. You'll need them.

SEO & Metadata Goodness:

  • Title: Altea, Spain: Your Dream Apartment Awaits! (A Real Review)
  • Keywords: Altea, Spain, travel review, vacation, apartment, hotels, accessibility, spa, restaurants, food, beaches, old town, review, travel experience, safe travel, covid-19 precautions, wheelchair accessible, wifi, pool, tapas, paella
  • Meta Description: Honest, funny, and detailed review of a stay in Altea, Spain. Learn about accessibility, food, activities, and the author's (mis)adventures! Includes safety measures, cleaniness, and the all-important paella disaster.
  • Meta Tags: <meta name="keywords" content="Altea, Spain, travel, review, vacation, accessibility, food, paella, safety, spa, wifi">
  • **H
Escape to Paradise: Your Cozy Achterhoek Lodge Awaits!

Book Now

Amazing apartment in Unknown w/ Altea Spain

Amazing apartment in Unknown w/ Altea Spain

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Here's a travel itinerary for an "Amazing apartment in Unknown w/ Altea Spain" – a chaotic, emotional, and probably slightly disastrous adventure, brought to you by yours truly. Let's get messy!

Day 1: Arrival & The Great Apartment Hunt (aka, the "Where the Hell Are We?" Day)

  • Morning (ish): Land in Alicante. The flight was a blur of crying babies, lukewarm coffee, and the desperate hope my noise-canceling headphones would actually cancel some noise. They didn't. Airport chaos. Luggage carousel of doom. Found my rental car amidst the throng. It’s a tiny tin can of a thing, obviously chosen because it was the cheapest option and I'm already regretting the lack of legroom. The journey to "Unknown w/ Altea" began.
  • Afternoon: The GPS led us… well, somewhere. The directions to this "Amazing Apartment" were about as clear as mud. I spent a solid hour driving around, sweating, my Spanish skills failing me miserably. ("Dónde está… pausa … mi casa?" didn't quite cut it). Eventually, after a near-meltdown involving a stray cat and a very confusing roundabout, we found the building. The 'Amazing Apartment'… well, it looked like the pictures. Mostly. The key situation was a comedy of errors. After a phone call to the mysterious host, (who was very confusing, but was indeed alive) we finally got in. Victory! First impressions: the view is STUNNING. Holy guacamole, that's the Mediterranean! But also… the apartment is a little dusty, and the coffee machine looks like it's seen better days. Oh well.
  • Evening: Unpacked. Attempted to operate the coffee machine (failure). Stumbled upon a small, local supermarket and bought a baguette, some cheese, and a bottle of dubious wine. Ate dinner on the balcony, gazing at the sparkling sea. The wine was surprisingly good. The baguette… almost as good. The cheese… well, it was cheese. The sheer beauty of the evening almost made me forget the stress of the day. Almost.

Day 2: Altea, The Unfolding Adventure (and My Love Affair with Tapas)

  • Morning: Sleep… well, partially. Jet lag is a cruel mistress. Got up, chugged some water, and plotted our assault on Altea. I'd seen pictures of this whitewashed beauty, and I was determined to explore.
  • Afternoon: Drove to Altea (slightly less terrifying this time, thanks to learning the roundabout dance). Walked the cobbled streets, got lost (again!), and felt my heart swell with happiness at the pure beauty of the place. The church! The views! The tiny, independent shops! I swear, I wanted to buy one of everything.
  • Late Afternoon/Evening: This is where things get interesting. Found a tapas bar, and decided to go all in. My Spanish is still terrible, but I managed to order a plate of patatas bravas and a glass of local wine. One plate turned into three, then four… then my brain started to feel a bit fuzzy. The tapas were incredible! The wine was flowing. The people-watching was top-notch. I felt a warm, happy glow spreading through me. At one point, when I was attempting to compliment the waiter on a particularly delectable chorizo tapa, I am pretty sure I just babbled incoherently, ending with a loud "¡Magnifico!" that may or may not have been directed at a passing Spaniel. I'm blaming the wine.
  • Night: Stumbled back to the apartment, convinced I'd fallen wildly in love with Altea. Passed out, dreaming of tapas and whitewashed buildings.

Day 3: Beach Day & Emotional Rollercoaster

  • Morning: Woke up regretting all the tapas. Head throbbing. Vowed to drink more water. Ate some toast and coffee and tried to ignore the impending guilt.
  • Afternoon: Decided to embrace the beach life. Found a lovely, quiet cove, and spent the afternoon swimming, sunbathing (carefully!), and reading. The water was crystal clear. I felt a sense of peace wash over me. This, I thought, is bliss.
  • Late Afternoon: Walking back across the beach. I spot a little girl building a sandcastle. She was smiling, and it made my heart melt. This happiness was soon to be interrupted. I then got an urgent email from work. Suddenly, I'm not on a beach. I'm in the office. My phone goes from happy noises to the harsh sounds of work demands. I am not happy. I immediately spent the next hour on the phone, cursing the universe and feeling utterly deflated.
  • Evening: Drove back to the apartment, feeling a mix of anger, frustration, and a profound sense of the unfairness of life. The view from the balcony didn't seem so amazing anymore. Managed to cook a somewhat disastrous (and slightly burnt) pasta dinner. Cried a little. Decided to go to bed early.

Day 4: Reprieve and Reconnection

  • Morning: Slept in! Glorious, beautiful sleep. Woke up feeling slightly better. Decided to embrace the positive and focused on the good parts of the trip.
  • Afternoon: Drove to a nearby town. The town was beautiful in its own right, full of character and with friendly locals. Felt myself relax and the stress of the previous day melt away.
  • Evening: Back to the apartment for a quiet evening. Did some journaling, listening to the waves. Had a heartfelt conversation with a friend who understood my mixed feelings. The apartment didn’t feel messy and chaotic anymore. I felt centered.

Day 5: Adventure and Goodbye (for Now)

  • Morning: Explored a hiking trail, taking in the amazing views, listening to the seagulls. The path was muddy, and I almost fell more than once, but the scenery was breathtaking. Found a hidden waterfall.
  • Afternoon: Final tapas. Went to my favourite restaurant to say goodbye, hoping to make eye contact with my waiter friend, but to no avail.
  • Evening: Packed. The apartment felt different now. It was no longer "the amazing apartment" or just some distant holiday home. It was a space that had witnessed a week worth of good times, bad times, and everything in between. Said goodbye.

Day 6: Back to Reality

  • Morning: Flew home. The flight was… fine. The airport, chaotic as ever. I'm still a little dusty. And the work. Well, that is still there. But I hold this small piece of Spain in my heart.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Belvilla Awaits in Italy!

Book Now

Amazing apartment in Unknown w/ Altea Spain

Amazing apartment in Unknown w/ Altea SpainOkay, buckle up buttercups! We're diving DEEP into Altea, Spain, and these aren't your grandma's FAQs. Prepare for some rollercoaster emotions, because… well, this is my take, and my take is usually a bit… EXTRA.

Okay, Altea. Sounds dreamy. But *actually* dreamy? Like, is it ALL picturesque white houses and perfectly tanned Spaniards?

Hold your horses, sunshine! Altea IS gorgeous, let's be clear. Seriously, you could trip over a postcard. Those white houses cascading down to the sea? *Chef's kiss*. But listen, after living there for a bit, I realized "dreamy" has a few layers. Yes, there are moments of sheer, unadulterated beauty. Sunset over the Mediterranean? Forget about it. I nearly cried the first time. (Don't judge, I'm a sucker for a good sunset!) But… and this is a big BUT… sometimes the white houses are a little *too* white, like they forgot the "lived-in" charm. And those perfectly tanned Spaniards? They're also just… people. With their own quirks and, let's just say, *opinions* about your questionable Spanish pronunciation. It's not all sunshine and sangria, folks. There are the days when the wind howls off the sea and you're pretty sure your apartment is going to blow away. True story.

So... apartments. What's the deal? Are they all overpriced tiny boxes with a view of your neighbor's laundry?

Alright, let's talk apartments. This is where things get… complicated. Yes, there are stunning apartments with jaw-dropping views. I mean, I've seen places with terraces that practically *float* over the marina. And yeah, you'll pay a pretty penny for them. Prepare to loosen your purse strings, especially if you want a place with a decent kitchen and, you know, *running hot water that doesn’t spontaneously decide to be lukewarm*. I actually fell head-over-heels with a place once – on paper it was PERFECT. Massive balcony, sea views, walking distance to the shops… Then I viewed it. It was… let's say “cozy.” Okay, it was tiny. And yeah, the "sea view" required a contortionist's neck and a serious imagination. The damp smell? Free of charge! My advice? DON'T rush. VIEW EVERYTHING. And don't be afraid to haggle. It's practically a sport in Spain.

Is it easy to get around Altea without a car? I'm imagining romantic strolls, not gridlocked traffic.

Okay, romantic strolls are DEFINITELY possible. Altea is totally walkable. The *old town*? Glorious to get lost in. The problem? Those hills! Your legs will get a workout, I promise you. Also, if you're heading out of town... the bus is your friend, or your temporary enemy. Honestly, it's fine. It's reliable...ish. The schedules, though? Sometimes they're a suggestion, not a hard-and-fast rule, especially during the off-season. And, you know what? Embrace it! It's part of the charm. Just... don't expect to get anywhere in a rush. Consider it an opportunity for some serious people-watching. I once saw a woman with five (FIVE!) tiny dogs, all dressed in matching outfits... on the bus. That was a highlight.

What's the food like? I'm picturing fresh seafood, tapas… and… no bland hotel buffets, please!

Oh. My. Goodness. The food. THIS is where Altea REALLY shines. Fresh seafood? Obviously. Tapas? Everywhere. Abandon all thoughts of salads and blandness. Seriously, the seafood is so fresh it practically jumps onto your plate. One time, I had a plate of *gambas al ajillo* (garlic prawns) and I ALMOST ate the plate. Seriously, I was THAT close. And the tapas? They're tiny bursts of deliciousness. You'll find yourself ordering plate after plate, and not even feeling guilty. The only problem? The sheer volume of temptation. Be warned: you WILL eat more than you planned. And you will probably get hooked on *horchata* (a refreshing drink made from tiger nuts). Don't say I didn't warn you.

Is Altea a good place to live year-round, or is it just a summer paradise?

This is a tough one. Depends on your personality! Summers are busy, buzzing, and boisterous. Think packed beaches, lively bars, and a constant flow of tourists. It's fabulous, but… it's also chaotic. Winter? The opposite. Quieter, more relaxed, and you actually get to breathe. The downside: some restaurants and shops close down. But that's also when you experience the "real" Altea – the one where the locals are more present, less filtered by tourism. Honestly? I loved both. I got used to the "tourist onslaught" in summer, and the winters were a cozy, almost secret, delight. Consider your vibe. Do you crave the energy? Or peace and quiet? Personally, I loved the balance. But, it's not for everyone. Some people get cabin fever. I, for one, could happily spend all winter snuggled up by a fireplace, drinking Rioja and reading books. Oh, the books. So many books.

I'm worried about learning Spanish… Will I get by?

Okay, here's the truth bomb: you *can* get by with English, especially in the touristy areas. But you'll get a LOT further, and have a much richer experience, if you try to learn Spanish. Even basic phrases like "Por favor" (please) and "Gracias" (thank you) will go a long way. The locals REALLY appreciate the effort. I, however, have a… uh… *complicated* relationship with the Spanish language. My accent? Let's just say it’s "unique." One time, I tried ordering a coffee, and apparently, I asked for a “llama” (a llama!) instead. EVERYONE in the cafe laughed. mortifying. But you know what? They also helped me correct it. They were patient. They were (mostly) kind. And eventually, I started to get the hang of it. Don't be afraid to mess up. It's part of the fun. And the more you practice, the more amazing conversations you will have. And that's what it's all about, right?

What about crime? Is it safe?

Altea is generally very safe. Crime is low. You'll feel comfortable walking around at night (though, always use common sense). Petty theft can happen anywhere, so keep an eye on your belongings, and don't leave valuables unattended. I've heard the occasional story, but nothing to make me feel truly unsafe. I felt safer in Altea than I do in my own neighborhood. Just… be smart. Don't flash wads of cash. Don't leave your bag unattended on the beach. You know, the usual stuff. And try to make friends with the local cats. Seriously. They seem to know everything. (And are very good at judging tourists.)

Wander Stay Spot

Amazing apartment in Unknown w/ Altea Spain

Amazing apartment in Unknown w/ Altea Spain

Amazing apartment in Unknown w/ Altea Spain

Amazing apartment in Unknown w/ Altea Spain