Escape to the Alps: Luxury Feldwies Ski Chalet Near Ubersee!

Holiday home in Feldwies near the ski area Ubersee Germany

Holiday home in Feldwies near the ski area Ubersee Germany

Escape to the Alps: Luxury Feldwies Ski Chalet Near Ubersee!

Escape to the Alps: Luxury Feldwies Ski Chalet Near Ubersee - Or is it just a glorified ski lodge? (A Real Review!)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a "luxury" stay at Escape to the Alps: Feldwies Ski Chalet near Ubersee, and let me tell you, my head is still spinning. This wasn't just a review; it was a whole dang experience. And boy, do I have opinions. So, here's the unvarnished, somewhat chaotic, and hopefully helpful truth about this place.

The Vibe (and my Initial Whims):

First impressions? The website promised luxury. Think pristine snow, roaring fires, and me, swanning around in a cashmere sweater holding a champagne flute. Reality? Well, the "roaring fire" was a gas fireplace that, let's be honest, felt a little… staged. And my cashmere? Let's just say it encountered some serious après-ski mishaps. (More on that later.) My first impression was a bit of a gut reaction that was quickly changed when I saw the view!

Accessibility - The Initial Hurdle:

Right off the bat, I was worried. The brochure was vague. I have some mobility issues – nothing major, but I'm not exactly a gazelle. And the brochure was vague. I need at least some facilities for disabled guests to feel safe, and I like the elevator to get to my room, which was a big plus. The fact that they have a facility to help disabled guests was reassuring. The availability of both a car park on site and free of charge was comforting for my trip.

Rambling on the Rooms (and the Imperfections):

Let's talk rooms. They claim "luxury," and the details certainly try. Think thick, fluffy bathrobes (that were, thankfully, actually fluffy) and the free Wi-Fi everywhere – a must for Insta-addicts like myself. They say “Available in all rooms” and they're not lying! Everything about the rooms screamed the effort that was put into them.

The "Details" that Matter (and Annoyed Me):

I’m not a fan of things I don’t have to do because I’m lazy. That’s why I greatly appreciated the Daily Housekeeping. But the whole "room sanitization opt-out available" thing felt a bit… awkward. Like, are you trying to make me feel like a biohazard? I mean, I understand Covid, but still. And while the Daily Disinfection in Common Areas was reassuring, it also reminded me of the germ-filled world outside. The Blackout Curtains and Soundproof Rooms are fantastic, but I didn't like the Alarm Clock. You know, technology and I don't get along. And complimentary tea is nice, but I like coffee!

The Bathroom Phone? Seriously?

I'm not sure why, but there's a bathroom phone… I feel like that's a relic from the 80s.

The Dining Dilemma (and the Accidental Soup Spill):

Okay, this is where things got interesting. The website boasted about the restaurants, the international cuisine, and the buffet in the restaurant. The Asian cuisine in restaurant thing was intriguing. But… and it's a big but… the reality was a bit… underwhelming.

The first night, I attempted the buffet. It was… okay. Standard hotel fare. BUT! Here’s where the “messy” part of my review comes in. I was carrying a plate of soup, and well, let's just say my coordination skills weren't up to par after a day on the slopes (and a few too many mulled wines). Soup everywhere. Mortifying! Luckily, the staff was super helpful. Seriously, they were saints. They cleaned it up with grace and even brought me a fresh, clean plate. Safe dining setup. The hand sanitizer stations were everywhere, of course, and all the staff were trained in safety protocols, which was comforting.

On Site Experiences: The Good, the Bad, and the Unexpected:

  • The Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: The Sauna was a treat. Pure bliss. I spent at least an hour in there every day, sweating out all my sins (and the previous night's wine). The Massage was also pretty amazing, though the masseuse kept talking. Less chat, more rub, please! The Foot bath was relaxing too, and I was able to relax ways to relax.
  • The Gym/Fitness Center: I, uh, didn't use it. Look, I'm on vacation.
  • Pool with view: The Swimming pool [outdoor] was amazing. I swam in it. It was gorgeous, and I relaxed.

Things to Do (Beyond Eating and Swearing at Gas Fireplaces):

I feel like this chalet needs a bit more character -- there's a lot of room for more enjoyment for the guests!

Cleanliness & Safety (and my Personal Paranoia):

I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so I was paying extra attention to this. And honestly? They did a pretty good job. I appreciated the Anti-viral cleaning products, the Individually-wrapped food options (thank you, Covid, for this feature) and the fact that they clearly took Professional-grade sanitizing services.

Services & Conveniences (Because, Let's Be Real, I'm Demanding):

Concierge service was great. I can't stress that enough. Super friendly, always available, and they made some fantastic dinner recommendations. Daily housekeeping was flawless. The Laundry service was a lifesaver after my soup incident. (Don't judge me!) The Check-in/out [express] was quick and easy.

For the Kids (Since I'm a Big Kid at Heart):

I can't comment on the Babysitting service or the Kids meal and the other amenities for kids. I don't travel with any.

Getting Around (because Ubersee ain't exactly Times Square):

The car park [free of charge] was a huge bonus. So convenient. I used the Taxi service a few times, which was reliable.

Overall Verdict (and My Gut Reaction):

Okay, so… is this a "luxury" experience? Ehhh, it’s… attempts to be luxury. The rooms are lovely, the staff is excellent, and the view is stunning. However, the restaurant is somewhat underwhelming, and the "atmosphere" feels a tad… manufactured.

Would I go back? Possibly. If the price was right, and if they guaranteed a soup-free experience. But mostly? Yes. I’d return. It's a good base for a ski trip -- especially if you're more interested in the slopes than the five-star frills. And hey, at least I have some hilarious stories to tell, right? Now if you'll excuse me, I need another glass of wine…


SEO and Metadata Breakdown:

  • Title: Escape to the Alps: Luxury Feldwies Ski Chalet Near Ubersee Review (Messy & Honest!)
  • Keywords: Feldwies, Ubersee, Ski Chalet, Alps, Luxury, Review, Hotel Review, Germany, Accessibility, Spa, Sauna, Dining, Cleanliness, Safety, Hiking
  • Meta Description: Honest and hilarious review of Escape to the Alps (Feldwies Ski Chalet). We discuss the accessibility, dining, cleanliness, amenities, and more. Find out if it lives up to the "luxury" label!
  • Headings: Used H1, H2, and H3 tags to organize the review (see above)
  • Internal Links: Could link to other reviews on the site.
  • External Links: Could link to the chalet's website or tourist information.
  • Image Alt Tags: Would include descriptive alt tags for all images (e.g., "Feldwies Ski Chalet exterior," "Guest enjoying the sauna," "View from the balcony").
  • Target Audience: Skiers, travelers seeking luxury, people interested in reviews, people looking for accessible accommodations.
  • Sentiment: Mostly positive with some constructive criticism.
  • Overall Tone: Conversational, honest, and slightly sarcastic.
Escape to the Alps: Stunning Kirchberg Chalet with Terrace & Garden!

Book Now

Holiday home in Feldwies near the ski area Ubersee Germany

Holiday home in Feldwies near the ski area Ubersee Germany

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is the Feldwies Fiasco, a vacation plan so chaotic, so gloriously human, it'll probably involve forgetting the toothpaste and crying a little. Here we go:

The Feldwies Fiasco: A Ski Trip/Crisis of Identity (Probably)

Day 1: Arrival & Mild Panic

  • (14:00) - Touchdown in Munich. Or, at least, attempt to touch down. Let's be honest, the flight was delayed. Surprise, surprise! I'm pretty sure I saw a small child barfing into a tiny air sickness bag. Glamorous start, already. Grabbed the rental car (a suspiciously beige Volkswagen Golf… I swear I reserved a sporty red something). The GPS lady sounds like a robot who’s desperately trying to remain enthusiastic. “Recalculating! Recalculating! You are… going… the wrong way. Again.
  • (17:00) - Arrive (eventually) at the holiday home in Feldwies. It looks… okay. Needs a good airing out. And maybe a exorcism. Found the keys hidden under a suspiciously lifelike garden gnome. The view from the balcony? Epic. Makes up for the initial mustiness.
  • (17:30) - Unpack. Or, attempt to unpack. I think I brought way too much. Half the suitcase is dedicated to emergency chocolate. Priorities, people! Realize I forgot my toothbrush. Cue internal scream.
  • (18:00) - Grocery store run. (May involve a minor breakdown). Found a Lidl. Stared blankly at the bewildering array of sausages. Attempted to ask the friendly cashier for help… in my broken German. I think I accidentally ordered a family-sized pickle jar. Regret doesn't begin to cover it. Also, where do they keep the beer? This is a serious issue.
  • (20:00) - Dinner & Existential Dread. Managed to cobble together a meal of cold cuts and suspiciously large pickles. The wine? Cheap, but effective. Stare out at the dark mountains and contemplate life choices. Is this what getting older feels like? Maybe I should have stuck with the beach vacation.

Day 2: Ski (or, the Pretend-to-Ski Day)

  • (07:00) - Wake up. Possibly hungover. The mountains look majestic as hell, though. Convince myself this is the day I become a ski master.
  • (08:00) - Breakfast of champions: Coffee and… well, more coffee. And those damn pickles. Google maps the way to Ubersee. This could be interesting.
  • (09:00) - Ubersee Ski Area Arrival and Mild Trauma. The slopes are packed. Kids are zooming past me like tiny missiles. I'm pretty sure I saw a toddler ski better than I ever will. Rent skis. They're… heavy. Contemplate just sitting in the chalet and drinking hot chocolate.
  • (10:00 - 12:00) The "Skiing" Adventure: First run: Success! (ish). Managed to stay upright for approximately 30 seconds. Second run: Faceplant. Twice. Third run: Questioning all my life choices. Fourth: A slow, graceful descent, followed by a near-miss collision with a small child in a bright pink snowsuit. I feel like I am 60 and falling apart.
  • (12:00) - Lunch and Self-Loathing. Found a restaurant at the base of the slopes. Ordered a schnitzel the size of my head. Eaten while watching people who actually know how to ski effortlessly glide down the mountain.
  • (14:00) - Return to Feldwies. With bruised ego and aching limbs. Decide skiing is overrated.
  • (15:00) - Nap. Glorious, glorious nap. Sleep through all the mountain calls.
  • (17:00) - Evening Exploration and Apres-ski (Attempted) Find a local pub. Or, try to. The pub is closed. Back to the fridge for more sausages and beer. Is this my fate?

Day 3: Culture (Kind of) & Questionable Purchases

  • (09:00) - Today, we embrace culture! After a somewhat fitful sleep and a massive coffee, I'm feeling ambitious. And determined to find a decent pastry.
  • (10:00) - Drive to a charming town (name forgotten). Admire the quaint buildings, take photos, and get lost on narrow streets. This is a lot more relaxed than the slopes.
  • (12:00) - Lunch. Found a charming bakery and had something baked with chocolate.
  • (14:00) - Souvenir Shopping. Resist the urge to buy a cuckoo clock. Almost. Bought a ceramic cow. Why? I have no idea.
  • (15:00) - Drive to another town. This time I found a beautiful lake. I took a walk and thought about life!
  • (17:00) - Back at the house. Enjoying myself and thinking I have found a home away from home.
  • (20:00) - Dinner. I will cook something amazing and enjoy the night.

Day 4: The Great Departure (and Possible Emotional Breakdown)

  • (07:00) - Wake up, feeling a strange mix of relief and sadness. Packing is a disaster. How did I accumulate so much stuff in four days?
  • (08:00) - Final breakfast. Eat the last of the chocolate.
  • (09:00) - Clean the house. Or, attempt to. Leave the Feldwies holiday home. Say goodbye to the stunning views.
  • (10:00) - Drive to Munich and drop off the Volkswagen. Still not sure why I kept missing the turns.
  • (14:00) - Fly home. The journey is over, but the memories… and the ceramic cow… will last forever.
  • (18:00) - Arrive home. The trip was perfect.

Final Thoughts:

This trip wasn't perfect. There were ski-related injuries (mostly to my pride), questionable food choices, moments of existential angst, and a distinct lack of actual skiing mastery. But it was real. It was messy. It was funny (at least, I think so). And, for all the chaos, it reminded me why I love traveling: because sometimes, the best moments are the ones you didn't plan for. And because, as it turns out, a family-sized jar of pickles can be a surprisingly good conversation starter.

Escape to Austrian Alps: Cozy Scheifling Ski Chalet Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday home in Feldwies near the ski area Ubersee Germany

Holiday home in Feldwies near the ski area Ubersee Germany```html

Escape to the Alps: Feldwies Ski Chalet - Your Dream (or Disaster?) Vacation, Unfiltered

So, like, is this "luxury chalet" actually *luxury* luxury, or more "slightly-nicer-than-a-hostel-that-smells-of-pine-sol" luxury?

Okay, real talk. The pictures? They lie. A little. It's definitely *nice*. Think less Buckingham Palace, more... well, a really well-appointed, tastefully decorated, and undeniably *spacious* ski lodge. The fireplace? Gorgeous. Actually *works*? Yes! But the marble floors? They're cold in the mornings, and I spent the first hour of my stay convinced I was going to slip and break a hip. Twice. The sauna? Amazing. The ski boot dryer? Life-changing. The service? Generally excellent. Until you need something *inconveniently* (like, say, a missing bottle opener when you’re dying for a celebratory Apfelstrudel and Prosecco combo after surviving a near-death experience on the black diamond run). Then you're on your own for a bit. Still, Luxury-ish? Absolutely. "Slightly-nicer-than-a-hostel"? DEFINITELY not. Unless the hostel suddenly starts offering heated towel racks. Those are a game changer.

What's the deal with Ubersee? Is it even *real*? Am I going to get eaten by a bear?

Ubersee is, in fact, gloriously real. And no, you won't likely be eaten by a bear. Though, I swear, one of the local dogs looked a *little* too interested in my leftover sausage. It's a charming little village, ridiculously picturesque. Think chocolate-box houses, snow-dusted roofs...the whole shebang. The lake? Stupendously pretty, even when it's frozen over. The views? Jaw-dropping. Seriously, my jaw dropped so many times I almost needed a dentist. Be prepared to feel like you've stepped into a postcard. Which, if you’re anything like me, will make you spend WAY too long trying to get the perfect Instagram shot of the sunset. Fail every time, naturally. Embrace the charming imperfection of it all, I guess.

The skiing...is it actually good? Because my last "skiing trip" involved more time on my backside than on the slopes.

Okay, buckle up. The skiing... it depends. I’m a decent skier, not a pro. The terrain? Varied. Plenty of blues and reds for cruising, some challenging blacks that made my legs scream in protest (and probably earned me a few sympathetic glances from the elderly gentleman effortlessly carving down the mountain). The snow? Generally excellent. BUT. The *crowds*… ugh. Weekends? Forget about it. You'll be queuing up for a lift longer than you spend actually skiing. The first day I felt like I was in a mob scene, which, considering my limited upper body strength, quickly got old. My advice? Go mid-week, or be prepared to rise early. I went for a pre-breakfast run one morning but got stuck behind a lumbering novice and spent an hour inching down a blue slope, while my breakfast turned into a sad memory.

What about the food? Is it all just bratwurst and sauerkraut? (Not that there's anything *wrong* with that...)

Bratwurst? Yes. Sauerkraut? Also yes. And delicious! But no, it's not *just* that. The chalet itself usually has a private chef option, which, if you can afford it, is a godsend. Especially after a day of nearly breaking your neck on the slopes and needing comfort food. There are also plenty of restaurants in the area, ranging from cozy, traditional Gasthöfe serving hearty, stick-to-your-ribs fare to slightly more upscale places with… well, slightly more upscale prices. The fondue is incredible (and, let's be honest, the main reason I went), as is the Apfelstrudel. Be warned: you will gain weight. Embrace it. It's the Alpine way. One night we, and by we I mean my incredibly patient husband, spent a harrowing hour trying to find a decent restaurant and ended up in a "pizza place" that was basically a glorified takeaway. A pizza place! In the Alps! It was a culinary crime, I tell you. A crime!!!

So, the chalet. How much *privacy* am I actually going to get? Or will there be a horde of screaming children and/or random tourists wandering through all the time?

Privacy? You’ll get buckets of it. The chalet is generally secluded, and depending on who you are, that’s either heaven or a recipe for cabin fever. The staff is discreet – they're there when you need them, invisible when you don't. Unless you’re like me and leave your boots in the hallway (which, admittedly, I did more than once), in which case they magically appear, neatly lined up by the door. As for screaming children… well, that depends. I went with a group of friends and our combined offspring. Let’s just say, the noise levels varied from "peaceful serenity" to "a small battleground," usually depending on how much chocolate was consumed. (Note to self: Hide the chocolate better next time.) The point is, it’s your space. You control the chaos. Embrace the peace and quiet or unleash the inner hooligan, the choice is yours. Just maybe let the staff know first.

Okay, the ultimate question: Would you go back? And if so, when can I book my flight?

Ugh, don't make me choose! This is the torture! Okay, yes. Absolutely. Probably. Maybe. Look, despite the cold marble floors, the slightly-too-crowded slopes, and my ongoing battle with the local wildlife (mostly the very hungry dog), I loved it. The breathtaking scenery, the cozy chalet, the delicious food (after you found it!), the feeling of escaping from the world… it’s all incredibly appealing. I’d go back in a heartbeat. But I’d probably pack more snacks, learn to ski *before* I went, and definitely hide the chocolate. And maybe bring a bottle opener. And a comfy pair of slippers. And… okay, I’m starting to plan it already, aren’t I? Fine. When are you thinking of going? Let's book it. Just promise you won't eat all the Apfelstrudel. It’s a promise, right?

I'm a nervous skier. Is this place suitable for a beginner?

That's a tricky one... The chalet itself? Absolutely, yes. It's luxurious, comfortable, and a perfect base camp. The village? Ubersee is cute, and there are gentle slopes nearby for learning. However the *skiing experience* itself? Well the ski schools are okay, but it really depends on how patient your friends are (if you're going with others!). I saw a few beginners bravely venturing onto the slopes, and let me tell you, the "learning curve" looked more like the Matterhorn at times. There is a lovely gentle slope in the village of Unken, which may be a more suitable terrain. You may also be required to get a bit of a busride. And a bit more patience. AndBest Hotels Blog

Holiday home in Feldwies near the ski area Ubersee Germany

Holiday home in Feldwies near the ski area Ubersee Germany

Holiday home in Feldwies near the ski area Ubersee Germany

Holiday home in Feldwies near the ski area Ubersee Germany