Unbelievable Alamo Views! Historic Hotel Deal in San Antonio
Unbelievable Alamo Views! – A San Antonio Hotel Stay That's… Well, It's Something. (A Totally Honest Review)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got back from a whirlwind trip to San Antonio and, yes, I stayed at the hotel with the "Unbelievable Alamo Views!" name. The marketing department clearly earned their paycheck with that one, because the view… well, we'll get to that. First, let's just say this place is… a lot. I'm going to try to dissect this experience, but honestly, it’s still swirling around in my brain like a margarita after too many tacos.
SEO & Metadata Stuff (I guess I have to?):
- Keywords: San Antonio hotel, Alamo view, historic hotel, accessible hotel, spa, pool, restaurant, family-friendly, downtown San Antonio, free wifi, parking, breakfast, wheelchair accessible.
- Meta Description: Honest review of "Unbelievable Alamo Views!" hotel in San Antonio. Discover the pros and cons of this historic hotel, including accessibility, amenities, dining, and more. Is the view really unbelievable? Find out here!
Accessibility: The Maze of Good Intentions
Alright, let's tackle the elephant in the room – or, you know, the ramp into the hotel lobby. The website says "wheelchair accessible," and technically, it is. There are ramps, elevators… but navigating this place felt like an Olympic sport sometimes. The hallways are long, the turns are tight, and I swear I saw a rogue potted plant block a crucial access point. It’s like they tried to be accessible, but then got lost in their own design. My friend, who uses a wheelchair, was a good sport, but she definitely let out a very loud “Oy vey!” at one point navigating the labyrinthine corridors.
Important note: the effort is there, which is miles better than nothing. They had facilities for disabled guests listed, elevators and all, so good for them for trying, but just be prepared for maybe not the smoothest journey.
On-Site Eats & Drinks – A Culinary Adventure (Maybe):
- Restaurants: They boast several restaurants, and I tried, I really tried. There's a Western-themed place (steak, potatoes, the works), a vaguely Asian-inspired spot, and the obligatory coffee shop. The Western place was… fine. The steak was edible. The potatoes, meh. The service, however, was a slow dance of confusion. We ordered water repeatedly, the waiter seemed lost and disappeared for long stretches. I had to wave someone down for a refill of my weak coffee.
- Poolside Bar: This one was actually pretty good. Nice views. Strong margaritas. The bartender was friendly and chatty, and the only place that felt like a truly relaxed vacation spot. This almost made up for everything else.
- Breakfast: The buffet! Ah, the buffet. It was an Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, and everything in between. Which sounds amazing, except the food seemed to have been sitting there for a while. Think… lukewarm scrambled eggs and rubbery bacon. The coffee, though, was surprisingly decent.
Relaxation & Spa-ing: The Pursuit of Bliss… and Maybe a Good Rub Down:
- The Spa: They have a spa. A real spa! Or at least, that's what the website promised. I booked a massage. The masseuse was lovely, but the room… well, let's just say it was loud. Construction noise from somewhere, faint elevator music that sounded like it's coming through the walls, and a persistent humming that drove me to the near-edge of insanity. I gave up on the body wrap. I felt like I needed a vacation from my vacation.
- Pool with a View: Okay, the view was actually pretty good from the pool. Not unbelievable as advertised, but a lovely sight, especially at sunset. The pool itself was clean, and the bar nearby made it a truly enjoyable escape.
- Fitness Center: Didn't go but I saw it, it looked about as functional as a rusty hinge.
Cleanliness & Safety: Sanitized to the Nth Degree (Maybe a Little Too Much?)
- Anti-Viral Cleaning Products: Yep, they're using them.
- Daily Disinfection: Every single day. They’re obsessed. I saw someone in full hazmat gear cleaning a light switch. I'm serious!
- Hand Sanitizer: Everywhere. Like a hand-sanitizer waterfall.
- Room Sanitization Opt-Out: Apparently, you can say no to them sanitizing. I wanted to but was worried about the judgement.
- Safe Dining Setup: This seemed pretty standard.
- Staff Trained in Safety Protocol: They seem to be. Though I’m still not completely sure the waiter understood the concept of “water”.
Rooms: Comforts (Mostly) & Quirks
- The View: Okay, so the unbelievable Alamo view… My room overlooked a… courtyard. With a partial view of the Alamo in the distance. Let's just say my expectations were slightly inflated. It was more like, "Oh, yeah, I see the Alamo from here, if I squint and tilt my head." Don't get me wrong, the architecture and the history is all amazing, but I should manage my expectations on the Alamo view from inside the hotel.
- Bedding: The bed was comfortable. The linens were clean. The pillows were… okay.
- Air Conditioning: Worked like a charm. Which was a godsend in San Antonio's summer heat.
- Mini Bar: Present, though overpriced. Typical.
- Desk & Internet: I had a great desk to do work on, and the internet was not great, but it was enough for me to watch Netflix.
Services & Conveniences – The Good, the Quirky, and the Occasionally Absent
- Concierge: Helpful. They were great at recommending restaurants (although they didn't warn me about the waiter).
- Laundry Service: Available. They seemed efficient (my clothes came back clean).
- Daily Housekeeping: They were super thorough, in the best way!
- Elevator: Essential!
- Car Park [free of charge]: Parking was free, which is always a plus in a city.
- Fitness facilities: Minimal to non-existent.
For the Kids (and the Young at Heart):
- Family-Friendly: Yes, they seem to welcome kids.
- Babysitting service: they have it listed.
Getting Around: The Parking & Beyond
- Airport Transfer: Available, but I took an Uber.
- Car Park [free of charge]: Free parking is a HUGE plus.
- Taxi service: Present.
The Final Verdict: Would I Go Back?
Okay, so "Unbelievable Alamo Views!" is a mixed bag. It’s a hotel with ambition, a little bit of chaos, and a genuine attempt to make your stay comfortable. I wouldn't say the view was "unbelievable." But it's still a decent place to stay, especially if you get a good deal. And the pool bar? Worth the price of admission alone. I give it a solid 3.5 out of 5 stars. Would recommend, with the caveat of managing your expectations.
Ankara's Hidden Gem: The BEST Hotel You NEED to Book!Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into San Antonio… from the comfy perch of the Best Western Premier Historic Travelers Hotel Alamo/Riverwalk! This ain't a perfectly polished itinerary, mind you. This is life – messy, wonderful, and perpetually running a few minutes late. Consider this my personal, slightly unhinged, travel diary.
Day 1: Alamo-ing and Riverwalking – A Crash Course in Texan Charm (and Humidity!)
Morning (8:00 AM-ish): Wake up! Let’s be honest, the "Premier" part of the hotel name didn't magically translate to a soundproof room. The street noise, bless its heart, was persistent. But hey, at least I could practically smell the coffee from the lobby. Crawl out of bed, stumble to the bathroom. My hair looks like a startled tumbleweed. Embrace it.
Breakfast (9:00 AM): Hotel breakfast. Okay, the scrambled eggs tasted suspiciously of… processed plastic? I opted for a waffle. At least it was… vaguely waffle-shaped. Grudgingly accepted the inevitable plastic cutlery – a small moment of existential despair.
Alamo Time (10:00 AM): Walk to the Alamo. Wow. Just… wow. Okay, yes, I knew the Alamo was historically significant. I knew it was a symbol of Texan grit. But standing there, you actually feel the history. It’s not just a building; it's a heavy, echoing silence. I got a little choked up, not gonna lie. The stories… the sacrifice… and also, the relentless Texas sun. Seriously, bring water. And a hat. And sunscreen. I'm pretty sure I saw a ghost…of a sunburned tourist.
Riverwalk Ramblings (12:00 PM): Okay, the Riverwalk. It's beautiful. Truly. Lush, green, a lovely, gentle… tourist swarm. I wanted to stroll, be idyllic. Instead, I was dodging selfie sticks and navigating a sea of novelty sombreros. (Why is everyone wearing a sombrero?!) Had a decent margarita at a little cantina, though. That helped. The water, though, actually seemed to be a bit muddy. I am sure this is not an actual flaw in the water, just my cynical eye.
Lunch (1:30 PM): Fish tacos at some cute little place I can't even remember the name of. Good, but not life-changing. My stomach is rumbling, and I am ready for a nap.
Riverwalk Tour (3:00 PM): Chose a boat tour, because I'm a sucker for a cheesy tourist activity. The guide was… enthusiastic. Borderline obsessed with the history of every single bridge. I learned a lot about bridges. Maybe too much. Someone accidentally dropped a phone in the river. Awkward.
Naptime (4:30 PM): Back to the hotel. Finally. Sleep, sweet sleep! The AC is a godsend. I swear, Texas humidity is a living entity, trying to steal the moisture from your very soul.
Dinner (7:00 PM): Found a restaurant called "Biga on the Banks." Fancy-ish. The food was spectacular. The atmosphere… romantically lit. I felt a little out of place in my travel-crumpled clothes. That bread, though. Incredible. I would eat shoe leather if it was dusted with that bread dust.
Late-Night Riverwalk Stroll (9:00 PM): Despite the crowds, the Riverwalk at night is pretty darn magical. The lights, the music… it's almost… romantic. Almost. Then a mariachi band serenaded a couple, and it was full-on rom-com, and I felt like maybe I needed to find someone to ditch this holiday.
Day 2: Missions, Markets, and Meat!
Early Rise (Again - 8:00 AM): Same as yesterday, the street noise. This time, I am armed with earplugs!
Breakfast (9:00 AM): The waffle is calling my name again - and so is the despair.
Mission San José (10:00 AM): Wow. Just… wow. Mission San José is HUGE. And beautiful. I actually felt a sense of peace, which is rare for this perpetually anxious traveler. The architecture is stunning. The history is fascinating. I wished I was a historian.
Mission Tour (11:00 AM): The guide was… a little dry. But, the history was fantastic. It really drove home how much these missions were a part of the story. I got a little lost in the mission, which was kinda like a maze. I think I stumbled on a ghost…of an annoyed tourist.
Lunch (1:00 PM): Okay, I was determined to find some REAL Texas BBQ. Found a place called "The Smoke Shack." Best. Brisket. Ever. I saw my God, in a slab of smoked meat. I almost cried when I took my first bite. I practically inhaled it. I may have over-ordered. (Did I mention the BBQ sauce? Oh, the BBQ sauce…)
Market Square (3:00 PM): Colorful, chaotic, and filled with… everything. I got hopelessly lost in the narrow alleys. I bought a ridiculously oversized sombrero (because, well, peer pressure). I resisted the urge to buy a ten-gallon hat. (Okay, maybe I’ll go back later…)
Siesta Time (4:30 PM): You can’t fight the Texas heat, you just… succumb. Back to the hotel, for some serious chill time.
Dinner (7:00 PM): Headed to a place called "Cured." More fabulousness. The charcuterie board was a religious experience. Just fantastic. The bill… less so. But worth it.
Nightcap (Maybe?): I'm exhausted. I'm full. I'm sunburnt. I'm probably going to fall asleep in the lobby. But, damn, this trip… it’s pretty darn special. It's not perfect, it never is, but I'm loving it. … or maybe just a beer at the hotel bar. That does sound good…
Day 3: Farewell, San Antonio! (For Now)
Breakfast (8:00 AM): One last waffle. One last attempt to find some good coffee. Disappointment, but a small victory.
Checkout (9:00 AM): Everything's packed. I am ready. Mostly.
Last Minute Souvenir Run (9:30 AM): Went back to Market Square to look at the ten-gallon hats. Still didn't buy one, but I got a "Keep San Antonio Weird" t-shirt.
Departure (11:00 AM): Headed to the airport. San Antonio, you’ve been good to me. Real good. I’ll be back. And next time, I'm bringing a bigger appetite for BBQ and a tolerance for the Texas heat. And maybe a history book. And possibly a smaller suitcase. And definitely a hat.
This is my truth – a slightly messy, opinionated, and thoroughly enjoyable trip to San Antonio. Hope you enjoyed it! Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I need a nap. And maybe another slice of brisket, in my dreams.
Unbelievable Tuscany Escape: Belvilla by OYO, Asciano, Italy!1. So, Unbelievable Alamo Views? REALLY? Like, can I see the Alamo from the bed? (And is this even REAL?)
Okay, let's be real. "Unbelievable" is a marketing word. It's like when they say "Authentic Italian!" and it's... Olive Garden. *Sigh*. So, can you see the Alamo from your bed? Maybe. Depends on the room, the angle of the sun, and how much you squint. The deal *is* real, though! I checked. But don't expect a postcard-perfect shot from every single window. Some views? Spectacular. Others? You might see a parking lot. (Which, hey, I've paid good money for uglier parking lots, so let's not get too judgy.) My first thought was, yeah, this is a *deal* because some of the rooms probably have views that are slightly less *unbelievable*. My second? I NEED to know which ones... which is what landed me in a room with a killer view and left my friend with a view of a brick wall... but with a *really* nice chair. Go figure.
2. What's the *actual* hotel like? Is it a roach motel disguised as history? (I'm terrified of roaches.)
Alright, deep breaths. Roaches are a universal fear, I feel you. The hotel? Well, it's historic, honey. And historic *usually* means old. Old means charming, maybe, but also... things break. I’m not naming names (because lawsuits are expensive, and I'm already on a shoestring budget), but let's just say the elevator had a personality of its own. Let's say you might hear some interesting *noises* at night. (And I'm not just talking about the ghosts… or am I? Mwahahaha!). That being said, maintenance seems to be an ongoing project and the hotel is generally well-kept. But manage your expectations. If you're expecting the Ritz... well, you've got a good deal *because* it's not the Ritz. You are *not* going back in time, you're staying in a hotel with a past. Embrace the quirks! If you *really* hate things that are old, maybe this isn't for you. (And if you see a roach, RUN! Call the front desk *immediately*.) Okay? Deal.
3. Are there ANY amenities besides the view? (Because I’m basic and need a pool.)
Okay, pool-lovers. You're in luck! *Most* of these "historic" hotels (and this one is generally the case) *usually* have a pool. It's probably a little old, maybe a little… let's say “vintage.” Expect some cracking tiles. Expect a slightly cloudy water quality, some kids yelling, and a general sense of "been there, done that." But it's a pool! And in San Antonio heat? *Bless*. There might be a restaurant (which might be *amazing* and might be… well, let’s just say "not your grandma's cooking."). There's almost certainly going to be a lobby with comfortable chairs where you can people-watch. But seriously, check the hotel's website for the *exact* list of perks. DO YOUR RESEARCH! Don't be like me, showing up expecting a Michelin-star restaurant and getting… well, a plate of nachos. (Which were surprisingly good, by the way. Don't judge.)
4. Okay, FOOD. Is the included breakfast a stale muffin and instant coffee situation? (I NEED COFFEE).
Breakfast is a *deal-breaker*, people. I'm a coffee snob. I need the *good* stuff. Honestly, breakfast in *most* of these deals is usually… well, hit or miss. Sometimes you get a continental breakfast. Sometimes, you get a *buffet* (bonus!). Sometimes, you get a coupon for a *discounted* breakfast at the hotel restaurant. (Which, see above, can be hit or miss). CHECK. THE. DETAILS. Again, look at the website or call the hotel. If the breakfast is genuinely terrible, you can always sneak out and find a local coffee shop. (San Antonio has some AMAZING coffee shops. I’m talking *life-changing* coffee. Trust me on this.) My advice? Plan for the worst, hope for the best. Pack some instant coffee just in case. (Pro tip: Starbucks Via is actually not terrible.)
5. Location, Location, Location! Is it ACTUALLY close to the Alamo/Riverwalk/Everything? (I have tiny legs.)
Okay, this is the *real* sell. And yes, it's *usually* central. The whole "Unbelievable Alamo Views" thing *implies* proximity, and (usually) it delivers. You’re walking distance (or a very short rideshare) to the Alamo, the Riverwalk, Market Square… all the good stuff. This is where you need to weigh up the view vs. the location. Are the views slightly less *unbelievable* if it's right in the thick of things? Probably. Are you willing to walk an extra three blocks for the best view in town? This is a *personal* choice. But generally, yes, the location is great. The walkability is phenomenal. My legs are not tiny but they get tired. I walked a *lot*. But hey, all that walking? It gave me an excuse to eat more tacos. And you *will* be eating tacos. Guaranteed. Get ready to walk. And to eat. And to be mildly amazed by how close you are to everything. (Unless your room is, like, 2 miles out. Then, double-check the fine print.)
6. Okay, LET'S TALK ABOUT THE STAFF. Are they friendly? (I hate grumpy people.)
This is where it gets… subjective. Hotels, like people, have personalities. And the staff? They *make* the experience. In my experience, the staff was… *mostly* friendly. Some people were genuinely helpful and cheerful. Others… well, they seemed to be going through the motions. (Been there, done that!). I've got to give a shout-out to the guy at the front desk who helped me, bless his heart, get my phone charger back after I accidentally left it in my room. (I owe him a beer. Or a taco. Probably a taco). The housekeeping staff was consistently kind and did a great job. But, look, you’re dealing with people. Sometimes, people are stressed. Sometimes, people are tired. Sometimes, people just want to go home. I try to be nice. It usually pays off. But don't expect perfection. Just expect people. And hope they're having a good day. (And if you *are* truly charming you might get an upgrade… or at least a smile.)
7. Okay, Fine. I'M SOLD. What's the catch? (There's ALWAYS a catch!)
The catch?Hotel Finder Reviews