Escape to Paradise: Bali's Hidden Surf Gem - Balong Balong Bungalows!

Balong Balong Surf Bungalows Sekongkang Bawah Indonesia

Balong Balong Surf Bungalows Sekongkang Bawah Indonesia

Escape to Paradise: Bali's Hidden Surf Gem - Balong Balong Bungalows!

Balong Balong Bungalows: Bali Bliss… With a Few Hiccups? (A HONEST Review)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to unleash the REAL scoop on Balong Balong Bungalows in Bali. Forget the filtered Instagram pics and the overly-polished travel brochures. I'm going for raw, honest, and maybe a little bit messy. Consider this your uncensored guide, sprinkled with a dash of Balinese charm (and maybe a little bit of coffee-induced rambling).

(SEO & Metadata - Don’t Worry, I Got You Covered!)

  • Keywords: Bali, Balong Balong Bungalows, Surf Resort, Accessible, Wheelchair Friendly, Spa, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Free Wi-Fi, Bali Accommodation, Indonesia, Review, Travel, Beach, Relaxation, Surf Trip, Affordable, Luxury, Cleanliness, Safety, Food, Dining, Services, Facilities, Family Friendly.
  • Meta Description: Unfiltered review of Balong Balong Bungalows in Bali! Discover accessibility, food, fun, safety, and everything in between. Get the real deal: pros, cons, and insider tips. Is it paradise? Read on!

(Let the Review Begin!)

First things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE for me, and let's be real, frequently overlooked. Balong Balong promises accessibility; they say they have Facilities for disabled guests. Now, I didn’t need a wheelchair, but I did take a good look around. The common areas seemed reasonable – definitely not a nightmare. But I'd suggest contacting them directly and describing your specific needs before booking. Ask about room access, elevator availability (because remember, I wasn't able to see these myself), and the paths to the restaurants and swimming pool. Don't take my word for it; verify EVERYTHING! I will say the staff were super friendly. I'm inclined to think they'd be genuinely helpful, but double-check!

Arrival & The "Luxe" Factor… Or Was It?

Arriving felt promising. The front desk (open 24-hour, a definite plus!) was welcoming, with friendly faces. Contactless check-in/out was a breeze, which, in this post-pandemic world, is a huge relief. The surroundings were lush, tropical, and, well, Instagrammable. The terrace area was gorgeous. But then… there was a slight snag.

My room… was supposed to be a "deluxe bungalow with a view". It was nice, don't get me wrong. Clean, with the standard air conditioning, a desk for a laptop (laptop workspace), and the all-important free Wi-Fi, which, I'm happy to report, actually worked! (More on that later). They also had a safe box to keep your valuables, a nice touch. They even provided bathrobes and slippers, which always feels luxurious, but I noticed what wasn’t there.

My Quirky Observation (and a slight rant): Where was the extra-long bed?! The website said there was an extra-long bed! I'm six feet tall, and my feet dangled off the end! I'm not going to lie; I felt a bit cramped. It’s a minor thing, but these are details that often make or break a stay! I should have asked to move, I know. But I didn't! Now the regret sets it…

The Food: A Rollercoaster of Flavors and… Expectations

Okay, food. This is where things get… interesting. The restaurants are definitely a highlight. There are restaurants on-site. The Asian cuisine was seriously good. The Western cuisine was… okay. A bit blander. They offered alternative meal arrangements, which is great for dietary restrictions (I have some friends who'd be pleased). They had a bar, a poolside bar, and a coffee shop. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and full of choices, but I am not sure if everything was of high quality. A la carte was also available, and that was a bit more up to my liking. I actually enjoyed the soup in restaurant!

However, there were some oddities. The bottle of water was seemingly included. That's great! But sometimes, it wasn't placed in the room when I came back from a day of surfing… I had to find it myself from the supplies.

The Staff: Angels (Mostly)

Overall, the staff were fantastic. Consistently friendly, helpful, and genuinely happy to assist. They're definitely a strong point. Someone always greeted me with a smile. The daily housekeeping was efficient and discreet. They seem well trained in safety protocol, as the staff trained in safety protocol.

The Surf & The Pool with a View: Pure Bliss

This is where Balong Balong shines. The proximity to the surf break is AMAZING. I was in the water pretty much every morning. The swimming pool [outdoor] was magnificent, and yes, it really did have a pool with a view! It was the perfect place to unwind after a day of paddling.

Things To Do & Ways to Relax… The Spa & Beyond

Balong Balong offers a spa, with options for massage, body scrub, and body wrap. I opted for the massage, and it was heavenly. Utterly blissful, and well-priced. They also have a sauna, a steamroom, and a gym/fitness center if you're feeling energetic (I wasn’t).

Cleanliness & Safety in the COVID Era

Balong Balong takes hygiene seriously. I saw evidence of anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms that were sanitized between stays. They had hand sanitizer stations everywhere. They also offered individually-wrapped food options at the breakfast buffet. I felt reasonably safe.

Internet: The Wild West of Connectivity

Okay, let's talk about the Internet. They advertise "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" and "Internet access - wireless". Well, yes, it was free, BUT. Let's just say the connection was… erratic. Sometimes it would work like a dream, allowing me to upload those Instagram shots of the waves with ease. Other times? I might as well have been trying to connect to dial-up. Internet access – LAN was listed, but I didn't even try. The Wi-Fi for special events - who knows!

Getting Around & Other Conveniences

Car park [free of charge] is a huge plus! They also offer airport transfer and taxi service. They even seem to have a car power charging station. I didn't use any of these myself, but it's good to know the options are there. They have a concierge, convenience store, and a gift/souvenir shop.

For the Kids & Everything Else!

Balong Balong is listed as "Family/child friendly" and has "Kids facilities" and offers a "babysitting service". I didn't travel with children.

The Bottom Line: Is Balong Balong Paradise?

Look, Balong Balong Bungalows is a fantastic place to stay. If you're after a surf trip, a bit of relaxation, and a touch of Balinese charm, it's a solid choice. It's not perfect. The bed sizes, the inconsistent Wi-Fi, and some hit-or-miss food, and the room size discrepancies can be frustrating, but I'm being a bit picky. The location is excellent, the staff are wonderful, and the overall vibe is relaxed and inviting. But do your research, ask questions, and manage your expectations. You'll have a great time. I would go back? Yup. Would I recommend it, YES. But maybe I'll pack my own pillow this time…

German Bungalow Paradise: Your Dream Terrace Awaits in Uslar!

Book Now

Balong Balong Surf Bungalows Sekongkang Bawah Indonesia

Balong Balong Surf Bungalows Sekongkang Bawah Indonesia

Alright, strap yourselves in, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is the raw, unfiltered, probably-sunburnt truth about trying to "find yourself" (or at least, a decent wave) at Balong Balong Surf Bungalows in Sekongkang Bawah, Indonesia. Buckle up, because it's gonna be a bumpy (and sandy) ride.

Day 1: Arrival… and immediate existential dread.

  • Morning: Landed in Lombok. The airport, thank god, wasn't total anarchy. More akin to organized chaos with a strong hint of "it's hot as hell, and nobody here is in a hurry." The ride to Sekongkang… well, it's an experience. Picture this: a cramped car, questionable suspension, and the driver, bless his soul, has a Spotify playlist of Indonesian pop remixes that are burned in my brain for eternity (I'm not complaining, it's unique).
  • Afternoon: Arrived at the Bungalows. Oof. First impressions: "Rustic." Translation: "Everything is slightly dilapidated, and you're going to be best friends with tiny geckos." My bungalow? It's… charming. In the same way a slightly-used dumpster is charming. But the view… the ocean, that's different. Seriously, jaw-dropping.
  • Evening: Settling in, unpacking and repacking my bag three times due to me being indecisive. Sun setting. Beers consumed. Immediately befriended a lanky Aussie dude named "Bruce," who claims he's surfed every break in the world. (Probably exaggerating, but he's got the right vibe). Dinner at the Bungalow's restaurant was AMAZING. Fresh fish, spicy sambal, rice - perfection. This place is already making me seriously consider just staying forever.
  • Night: Staring at stars, feeling utterly lost yet strangely content. Wondering why the hell I quit my job. Questioning life choices. You know, standard travel stuff.

Day 2: The Surf… and the HUMBLE PIE.

  • Morning: Woke up to the sound of waves and the insistent chirping of the geckos that are by now my roommates. Coffee - strong, bitter, and EXACTLY what I needed. Bruce dragged me down to the beach. "Gotta get out there, mate!" he yelled, already paddling out.
  • Mid-Morning: The surf gods, as it turns out, are cruel and capricious. Tried to surf. Failed miserably. Ate sand. Repeated. It wasn't pretty. Watching Bruce effortlessly carve through the waves made me want to chuck my board into the ocean and go back to bed.
  • Afternoon: Lunch – a massive plate of nasi goreng (because, when in Rome… or, you know, Sekongkang). Nursing my bruised ego and a growing sunburn. Seriously, the sun here is BRUTAL. Signed up for a surf lesson. Maybe a little help is needed.
  • Late Afternoon: Surf lesson with the local "surf whisperer," a dude named Made, who speaks better English than me after two weeks. He was patient, kind and mostly just laughed at my attempts. I still ate serious sand, but hey, I stood up for like, half a second at one point. I felt some level of pride
  • Evening: Sunset beers (again, obviously). Chatting with Bruce about surfing, life, and whether pineapple on pizza is a war crime (Bruce is firmly against it). Dinner. Feeling the burn in my muscles, which is both painful and strangely satisfying.

Day 3: The Break Down and Build Up!

  • Morning: Woke with every tendon on my body feeling ripped. The surf god is still hating me. I started with a little yoga in the sand - a real trial.
  • Mid-Morning: A complete failure, I am convinced that surfing is not my forte. But it's my last day. I try again. I felt so defeated I almost broke down in tears, but the beautiful ocean, the sky, and even Bruce's encouragement helped me push through.
  • Afternoon: That's it, I am done. I sat on the beach, feeling sorry for myself, and then a little Indonesian girl offered me an ice cream. She was probably about 7.
  • Evening: I came back and I faced my fear again. And it was the best surf I had. I managed to surf properly for the first time. I have never felt so accomplished. I am finally at peace. What a journey. Last dinner with Bruce, who is also in a good mood. We toast to the waves, or whatever. The sun sets.

Day 4: Farewell, Paradise (with a side of sunburn)

  • Morning: Packing up the bungalow. Saying goodbye to the geckos (I'll miss you, little dudes). One last look at the ocean. Tears.
  • Mid-Morning: The drive back to the airport. That damn Indonesian pop playlist is playing again and I secretly love it.
  • Afternoon: At the airport. Sunburnt, sandy, and slightly broken, but also…lighter. I don't know if I found myself, but I definitely found some incredible waves and a newfound appreciation for sand in places you don't want sand.
  • Evening: Reflection, and the question: When can I come back?
  • Night: Back home.

Quirky Observations and Rambles:

  • The chickens here roam free. Like, everywhere. They're just…chickening around. It’s hilarious.
  • The language barrier is real. Sometimes, I just point and grunt. Successfully ordered a beer that way.
  • The sunsets are so ridiculously beautiful, they're almost insulting. Like, nature is showing off.
  • The sense of community here is amazing. Everyone smiles and says hello. It's a nice change from the city.
  • I’m pretty sure Bruce actually is a mermaid, in disguise. How else can he surf so damn effortlessly? (Actually, I asked him, he said he was just "born in the water.")
  • I swear, the sand here gets everywhere. Seriously. Every. Where.

Emotional Reactions:

  • Joy: Surfing that wave! The sheer, unadulterated joy of finally, finally, getting it right.
  • Frustration: The constant struggle with the waves. This sport is hard!
  • Annoyance: How long are we sitting here?
  • Astonishment: The colours, the views – it’s like stepping into a postcard.
  • Gratitude: For the kindness of the locals, the beauty of the island, and a good beer after a hard day of wipeouts.
  • Mild panic: That I'm already running low on sunscreen.

Opinionated Language and Natural Pacing:

This place? It’s magical. Sure, it’s rough around the edges. The bungalows aren't exactly luxury, but who cares! The vibes are immaculate. Honestly, this place beats anything I've experienced. You come here, you embrace the mess, the imperfections, the learning curve. And you leave with a heart full of sand, a body full of aches, and a soul that's just a little bit lighter. Go. Just go. You won't regret it. And tell Bruce I said hi.

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Holiday Home in Lorgues, France Awaits!

Book Now

Balong Balong Surf Bungalows Sekongkang Bawah Indonesia

Balong Balong Surf Bungalows Sekongkang Bawah Indonesia```html

Escape to Paradise: Balong Balong Bungalows - FAQ (Mostly)

Alright, so you're thinking Bali, huh? And maybe, just *maybe*, you've stumbled across Balong Balong Bungalows. Bless your adventurous soul! Let me, a seasoned (and occasionally sunburnt) traveller, give you the lowdown. Prepare for truth bombs, because let's be real, travel brochures are a load of... well, you get the idea.

1. Is Balong Balong Really THAT "Hidden Gem"?

Okay, so "hidden gem" is a travel cliché, I know. But honestly? Yeah, kinda. It's not like you're tripping over tourists (thank GOD). You're surrounded by rice paddies, the waves are crashing, and the only sounds are the geckos and the occasional rooster doing his thing. I mean, the *first* time I went? I was convinced I'd found a portal to another dimension. It was magical. Truly. Until... well, let's just say my first breakfast experience involved more flies than I anticipated. But hey, Bali, right? Nature's a thing. You'll get used to it. Mostly.

2. The Bungalows… Are They Actually Nice? Like, Instagrammable Nice?

Ooh, the aesthetics! Okay, so if you're expecting sleek, minimalist, perfectly curated hotel rooms? Back away slowly. These are *bungalows*. Think cosy, rustic, and charming. The beds are comfy enough (after a few days, you'll be sleeping on anything, honestly), the mosquito nets are essential (take your own, just in case!), and the open-air bathrooms? Prepare for some serious shower-under-the-stars action. I did see a cockroach one time... and screamed like a banshee. Just FYI. But, seriously, the views from any of the bungalows? Stunning. Perfect for those sunset selfies (if you can get your phone to work, more on that later).

3. What About the Food? Is it the Perfect Bali Food?

The food... ah, the food. It's good, guys. Really, really good. The nasi goreng is a breakfast staple, and it's seriously addictive. The seafood is fresh. The fruit? Holy moly, the fruit. I'm still dreaming of the mangoes. But, here's the messy truth: Sometimes, the service is SLOW. Bali time is a real thing, embrace it. Don't be in a rush. And if you're a picky eater, well, you might have a tough time. Embrace the spice, try the local dishes, and, for the love of all that is holy, stock up on snacks from the local warungs (small, family-run restaurants). Peanut sauce addiction is real, people.

4. Let's Talk Surfing. Is Balong Balong Good for Beginners?

Okay, the surfing. This is where Balong Balong REALLY shines. And, yeah, it's great for beginners, but with a caveat. The waves are more mellow than the super aggressive spots, so you avoid the mad crowds and the locals aren't all gnarly. The beach break is pretty forgiving, and there are plenty of surf instructors around. But the currents? They can be sneaky. I went on my own and felt incredibly out of my depth, I'm talking, being tossed around like a ragdoll. Then there's the reef. OUCH. I mean, if you fall at the wrong time, you'll definitely be spending a few days trying to heal. Always wear a rash guard and reef shoes. This is ESSENTIAL! Always. But… when you catch that first wave, that smooth, effortless glide across the water? Pure bliss. Okay, I take it back. Worth the pain.

5. How Do I Get There and Get Around?

Getting there is an *adventure* in itself. The airport transfer provided by the bungalows is a lifesaver. Trust me, trying to navigate winding roads and scooters after a 24-hour flight is NOT fun. After that, a scooter is the best way to get around, but only if you're comfortable. Learn to drive BEFORE you arrive. I had a friend who ate pavement on hers... multiple times. Also, Google Maps is your friend (mostly). Signal is patchy, so download offline maps *before* you go. And always, ALWAYS wear a helmet. And for the love of all that is holy, LOOK LEFT. Then right. Then left again. People drive on the left, and it's easy to get mixed up, trust me, I get confused. The locals drive like maniacs, but they somehow manage to avoid accidents... mostly. Just pay attention!

6. What's the Vibe? Is it a Party Spot?

Definitely not a party spot! It's chill. Very, very chill. Think sunsets, beers on the beach, and chats with other travellers. There's not much going on after dark, which is fine by me. It's perfect for disconnecting. If you're looking for raging nightclubs and all-night shenanigans, this isn't the place. Honestly, it's ideal for escaping reality for a bit and not feeling guilty about it. You're there to recharge! Embrace it!

7. The Bugs… How Bad are They?

Okay. Brace yourselves. The bugs… are present. This is a tropical paradise, not a sterile lab. Mosquitos? Yes. Ants? Everywhere. Geckos? Your new best (and least noisy) friends. Cockroaches? See my banshee-like scream above. Bring bug spray. Seriously. And maybe a mosquito net, just in case. And, look, the staff do their best to keep things clean, but it's an ongoing battle, so try to embrace the fact that nature is nature. Get used to finding the random creepy crawly in your things. It's life. It is.

8. Is it Romantic? Suitable for Couples?

Oh, yes. Absolutely. The sunsets are spectacular. The beach walks are… well, idyllic. The vibe is perfect for cuddling up and watching the waves. I went with my partner, and it was amazing. We made so many memories. We found a spot, just the two of us, on the beach where we would watch the sunset, every single night. That was until a rogue wave nearly swallowed us. I'm never going to forget it. It was incredibly romantic (and a little terrifying). If you're looking for a place to reconnect with your loved one, Balong Balong is a winner. Just don't forget to bring the waterproof camera!

9. What About the Wi-Fi? Will I Be Able to 'Work' (or at least, Post Those Insta Stories)?

HHospitality Trails

Balong Balong Surf Bungalows Sekongkang Bawah Indonesia

Balong Balong Surf Bungalows Sekongkang Bawah Indonesia

Balong Balong Surf Bungalows Sekongkang Bawah Indonesia

Balong Balong Surf Bungalows Sekongkang Bawah Indonesia