Nelson's BEST Aqua-Heights Apartment: Unbelievable Views Await!
Nelson's BEST Aqua-Heights Apartment: Unbelievable Views… and Unbelievable Quirks! (A Rambling Review)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Nelson's BEST Aqua-Heights Apartment. "Unbelievable Views Await!" they boast. And, well, they aren't wrong. But trust me, there's more to this place than just postcard-worthy sunrises. This review is going to be a rollercoaster, just like my stay. Prepare for some real talk, unfiltered observations, and maybe even a few dramatic sighs. Let's get started!
(Metadata & SEO: Nelson's BEST Aqua-Heights, Apartment Review, Nelson Accommodation, Wheelchair Accessible, Spa Hotel, Amazing Views, New Zealand, Wi-Fi, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Pool, Cleanliness, Safety, Accessibility)
First things first: Accessibility. This is a big one for me. While Aqua-Heights claims to be accessible, things weren't perfect. The elevator? Smooth sailing. But navigating to the actual accessible rooms involved a bit of a maze, and the signage wasn't exactly crystal clear. I remember the first time, I circled the floor for a good ten minutes, feeling a little like a lost penguin. However, once in the room, it was decent! Wide doorways, grab bars – all the essentials were there. So, a mixed bag. Accessibility rating: 7/10. Could be better, especially the signage, but they did try.
Now, let's get to the good stuff: The Views! Honestly, they were stupendous. I spent a good chunk of my first morning just staring out the window, jaw agape. The ocean stretched out forever, the mountains loomed in the distance, and the sky… well, the sky was just showing off. I actually teared up a little bit. Don't judge. It was beautiful! And that Pool with a View? Forget about it. Pure, unadulterated bliss. Floating there, sipping a cocktail (more on that later!), watching the sun dip below the horizon… It's moments like those that make you remember why you work so hard. View factor: 10/10 (easily!).
Speaking of cocktails, let's dive into Dining, Drinking, and Snacking. The Poolside Bar was a lifesaver! They had a surprisingly good selection of New Zealand wines, and after a long day? Heaven. They also offered Happy Hour, which, I'll be honest, I may have taken full advantage of. (Forgive me, liver!). They didn't skimp on the snacks either - the Snack Bar was delicious. The Restaurants were alright, but they had a few hiccups. A la carte in restaurant options were there, and the Asian Cuisine in restaurant was a welcome change of pace. But the Buffet in restaurant? Slightly underwhelming. It felt a little… institutional. The coffee? Hit or miss. One day, I got a cup that tasted like heaven, the next, it was lukewarm brown water. (Rambles here: A little consistency wouldn't hurt, people! Don't get me wrong- the free Coffee/tea in restaurant was awesome). Overall, the dining experience was good, but not outstanding. I'll give it a 7.5/10. I'd recommend trying the Poolside Bar and finding a good restaurant outside the hotel.
Now, the nitty-gritty: Cleanliness and Safety. This is where Aqua-Heights really shines. I was super impressed. They have Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Staff trained in safety protocol. The room was immaculate, and I even saw them using Professional-grade sanitizing services in the elevator. They even had Hand sanitizer everywhere. It felt like they were taking things seriously, and that was definitely reassuring. Cleanliness/Safety: 9/10.
Let's talk about Things to Do/Ways to Relax. The Spa! Oh, the Spa! I treated myself to a Body scrub and a Massage. Pure indulgence! The pressure was perfect. The scents were divine. The relaxation was… well, it was exactly what I needed. I walked out feeling like a new person. The Fitness center was also decent with a Gym/fitness, and for those who really wanted to relax they offered a Foot bath. I didn't try it, but it was a nice touch. They also have a Sauna which I was told was good but never tried. The view from the Swimming pool was also amazing. All these things are things that made me happy. So I'm giving that a 9/10.
Now, the small things… I'm just going to take a quick shot at the Services and conveniences. They offer Air conditioning in public area, which is important because its hot during the summer. The Concierge was friendly and helpful. Daily housekeeping kept things shipshape. They also had a Convenience store which was helpful because I forgot my toothbrush. They have an Elevator, because I said, accessibility is important. They offered Laundry service and Luggage storage. The Safety deposit boxes are an important touch. The Terrace was also a bonus! Overall, they are pretty good in that area. Services/Conveniences: 8/10.
Available in all rooms is what I want to talk about now. I'm telling you, all the things are good. Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor(which gives you the view!), In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. I could go on and on!!
The For the kids stuff they had was meh. I didn't have kids, but it was like there was a Babysitting service! This can be helpful. They also had Family/child friendly, and they had some Kids facilities. I was pretty neutral on this aspect.
The Getting around stuff was cool. Because of the Airport transfer, you could always get to the hotel! They also had a Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, This made traveling so much easier!
Accessibility -Wheelchair accessible - not quite perfect, but trying. -Elevator -Facilities for disabled guests - decent.
In conclusion: Would I recommend Nelson's BEST Aqua-Heights Apartment? Absolutely! Especially for the views! Just be prepared for a few quirks and a bit of a mixed bag with some of the amenities. But the positives definitely outweigh the negatives. It's a great place to relax, unwind, and soak up some seriously stunning scenery. And honestly, that view? Worth every penny. Go, experience the magic! And tell me what you think!
Escape to Paradise: Luxurious Forest Home in Markelo, NetherlandsOkay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-curated travel guide. This is the Aqua-Heights Apartment in Nelson, New Zealand, through my slightly-cockeyed, caffeine-fueled lens. And trust me, it's going to be a wild ride.
Day 1: Arrival… and a near-disaster with the Fridge
Morning (7:00 AM): Arrive at Nelson Airport. Jet lag hitting hard. Dear god, why did I book a red-eye? The rental car? A tiny, infuriatingly cheerful, "Compact Zoomy" as the rental place dubbed it. Already feeling judged by the locals in their sensible, SUVs. The drive to the Aqua-Heights Apartment is a blur of breathtaking scenery. The hills! The water! I'm pretty sure I audibly gasped.
(9:00 AM): Arrive at Aqua-Heights. The apartment itself? Alright. Clean enough, the view is spectacular (as promised). And the fridge? Ah, the fridge. I open it, expecting culinary treasures. Instead, it’s this echoing cavern of emptiness. I'm thinking, "Where's the welcome Prosecco, folks?" (Spoiler: there was none… or maybe I was just too early).
(10:00 AM): Grocery store run. New Zealand supermarkets are weird. I swear, half the produce is grown in a fairytale land. I buy enough to feed an army. I'm probably going to end up with a mountain of unused ingredients by the end of this trip. This is my first sign I am not skilled at this type of task, but it is the best decision.
(12:00 PM): Lunch. Back at the apartment. Make my lunch. The fridge has been restocked with the essentials - bread, cheese, some sad-looking tomatoes. This is where the near-disaster comes in. I attempt to open the fridge again, this time fully loaded. Whoosh! The door swings open with an intensity previously unseen. The fridge door swings open and I end up losing my balance. My bag of grocery items, lettuce to bananas, and cheese to bread, end up all over the place and even ended up in the sink. What a way to start the day!
(1:00 PM): Nap. Jet lag is winning.
(3:00 PM): Wander around the waterfront. Nelson is charming. I buy an overpriced ice cream. Regret immediately because it's freezing. But hey, Instagram.
(5:00 PM): Dinner at a random restaurant. I swear, I will try that restaurant, the fish n' chips is awesome here. More expensive than it should be and the lighting is terrible, but the wine is good. And by good, I mean necessary.
(7:00 PM): Back at the apartment. Collapse on the couch. Watch a terrible documentary about sheep farming. Fall asleep before the credits roll.
Day 2: Abel Tasman, the Blurry Edition
Morning (7:00-ish AM): Wake up, feeling slightly less jet-lagged. Coffee. Attempt to make eggs. Burn myself. Classic.
(9:00 AM): Abel Tasman National Park. Boat trip. The water is stunningly blue. The beaches look like they belong on a postcard. The weather decides to flirt with rain…a little bit.
(10:00 AM): Hike! My fitness app tells me I’ve walked a lot, but I feel like a penguin. The scenery is beyond amazing, but honestly, the hike is a bit of a blur. So much beauty, so little memory. I get distracted by a tiny lizard.
(12:00 PM): Lunch on a beach. Sand in everything. Actually, it's kind of perfect. Except for the rogue sand-fly that decides to make a meal out of my ankle. Rant over. The sandwiches are delicious.
(1:00 PM-ish): Snorkeling. I see a fish! One fish. It was pretty. I’m mostly underwater, and my goggles keep fogging up. I'm still impressed with myself, though, for not face-planting in the ocean.
(3:00 PM): The boat back to base. The weather has cleared up, just as we are leaving. The sun is out, and the sky is the bluest blue ever. Some tourists are complaining about the rain, but I just smile. And think of the sandfly.
(5:00 PM): Back at the Aqua-Heights. Shower. The memory of the sandfly makes me want to stay under the hot water forever.
(7:00 PM): Dinner. Decide a simple dinner is what is needed. Pasta it is!
Night: Sleep.
Day 3: Art, Wine, and the Questionable Decisions
(9:00 AM): Visit the Nelson Market. So many stalls! So many tempting things to buy! Resist impulse purchases. Mostly. Buy a scarf I don't need. Regret.
(10:00 AM): Visit a bunch of art galleries. So many talented people. I buy a painting. Regret. My bank account hates me.
(12:00 PM): Lunch at a cafe. Finally, find a cafe. I like the food because I like cafes.
(2:00 PM): Wine tasting! Driving to several wineries. It's a bit of a blur. The wine is good. The conversation with the other tasters? Mostly nonsensical. Learn that I prefer the Riesling!
(4:00 PM): Regret. Mild headache setting in. Wondering if I'm legally able to drive (probably not). Drive back to the apartment, slowly and carefully.
(6:00 PM): Attempt to cook dinner. Fail. Order takeout.
(7:00 PM): Dinner. Watch a terrible movie. Fall asleep with the remote in my hand.
Day 4: Farewell, Aqua-Heights (and Maybe Nelson)
- (9:00 AM): Wake up. Feeling surprisingly okay. Maybe the wine was worth it? Maybe it wasn’t.
- Packing. Pack. Pack. Pack. Wondering if I can just stay here forever.
- Clean. Clean the apartment, as per the rules. What are they going to do, charge me for not doing something?
- (11:00 AM): Last walk around the waterfront. Take photos. Feel a pang of sadness.
- (12:00 PM): Late lunch. Eating leftovers in the apartment.
- (1:00 PM): Pack up the car. Say goodbye to the view.
- (2:00 PM): Leave Aqua-Heights. Drive to the airport. Feeling a mix of sadness and relief.
Final Thoughts:
Aqua-Heights? Decent. Nelson? Stunning. My organization skills? Questionable. This trip? A chaotic, beautiful, and utterly unforgettable mess. Would absolutely recommend (despite myself). And seriously, someone needs to fill that fridge with welcome Prosecco. Just sayin'.
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Imotski Pool Villa Awaits!Nelson's BEST Aqua-Heights Apartment: Your Burning Questions (and My Honest Answers!)
Is the view *really* as good as the pictures? I mean, come on...
Okay, confession time. I’m a sucker for a good view. And the photos? They were *gorgeous*. I scrolled through them, thinking, "Yeah, yeah, marketing fluff. Probably angles and filters." But trust me, stepping onto that balcony for the first time... My jaw *actually* dropped. It’s ridiculous. It’s Nelson, the water, the mountains… honestly, it's a bit much for a Tuesday. I spent a good ten minutes just staring, slightly overwhelmed. It's not just good; it's the sort of view that makes you want to write a bad poem about it. (And I almost did. Thank god for self-control... mostly.)
How noisy is it? I'm a light sleeper.
Alright, noise levels. This is where things get *slightly* less perfect. Generally? Pretty darn quiet. Peaceful, even. You *are* up high, so you get the occasional seagull screaming his lungs out (are they *always* angry?), but it’s not constant. But, and this is a big but… I stayed during a particularly windy night. The balcony doors? They're sturdy, but that wind… it howled! It was the sort of wind that makes you think your entire building *might* take off. I ended up sleeping with earplugs. So, pack those. Maybe bring a white noise machine. Otherwise, the usual city sounds are pretty much negligible... except for that incessant seagull war. I swear, they're plotting something.
Is the kitchen well-equipped? I like to cook.
The kitchen! Ah, the kitchen. It *looks* amazing. Sleek, modern… all the fancy appliances. I mean, the dishwasher alone is worth a gold star, right? However, I will admit, I’m a *terrible* cook. My attempts at “gourmet” usually involve setting off the smoke alarm. But, for the experienced chef? Yes, it *seems* well-equipped. There’s a decent set of pots and pans, a few knives (maybe bring your own favorite), and I think I even saw a blender. Just don’t ask me how to use it. I’m still trying to figure out how to boil an egg without resembling a pyrotechnic display. And, for some reason, there's a weirdly specific cheese grater. I don't even *like* grated cheese!
What's the deal with parking?
Ugh, parking. The bane of every city-dweller's existence. Okay, so for Aqua-Heights, there’s designated parking. Relief, right? Well, yes, but… This is a classic case of “close, but not quite.” The parking space is tight. *Very* tight. I drive a perfectly average-sized car, and I swear, I had to perform a ballet of precision maneuvers every time I parked. I'm talking millimeters of clearance on both sides! I was sweating bullets, and I considered walking everywhere after day one. My advice? Practice your parking before you go. Seriously. Maybe get a friend to spot for you. Or, just take the bus. It's almost worth it to avoid the stress. (Almost.)
How far is it from the city center?
The city center? It depends on your definition of “close.” It's definitely walkable, but it's not *right there*. It’s a pleasant stroll, maybe ten to fifteen minutes, depending on your pace and how distracted you get by, you know, the *amazing views*. There are shops, restaurants, the whole shebang. I walked it a lot. One time, though, I thought I'd be clever and take a shortcut. Bad idea. Ended up on a steep, winding road… and I may or may not have questioned all my life choices while panting like a dog. Stick to the main routes. Trust me. Learn from my mistakes. Embrace the gentle incline. (And maybe bring water… and a map, if you're directionally challenged like me.)
What about the bedding and towels? Are they decent?
Okay, bedding and towels. This is important! Let's be honest, a good night's sleep is essential. The bedding? Surprisingly good! The sheets were soft, the pillows… fluffy heaven! I slept like a log. Seriously, I think I slept for twelve hours straight one night. The towels were also nice – clean, fluffy, and absorbent. No scratchy, thin towels here! I’m a bit of a sheet snob, so I really appreciated this. It just added to the overall feeling of… well, luxury, I guess. It felt like being wrapped in a warm, fluffy cloud after an invigorating day of… you know, staring at the view. Yep, definitely a win on the bedding front.
Would you recommend it?
Okay, the big question. Would I recommend it? YES! Absolutely, wholeheartedly, YES! Despite the parking drama, and the noisy wind, and my questionable cooking skills... the view alone is worth it. The apartment itself is lovely, the location is convenient, and the overall experience was fantastic. It's the kind of place that makes you want to stay, to just… breathe, and soak it all in. Honestly, I'm already planning my return. Just crossing my fingers the seagull army isn't planning an aerial assault when I do. And maybe, *maybe*, I'll get better at parking. Probably not, but a girl can dream!