Tenerife Paradise Found: Your Dream Belvilla Awaits!
Tenerife Paradise Found: Your Dream Belvilla Awaits! – A Really Honest Review (Brace Yourself!)
Okay, so I’ve just emerged, blinking, from the Tenerife Paradise Found experience. And honestly? It’s a lot to unpack. This isn’t your sanitized brochure – this is the real deal, peppered with the good, the bad, and the utterly baffling. So, grab a seat, maybe a stiff drink, and let’s dive in… headfirst.
First Impressions (or, The Arrival That Almost Broke Me):
Right, "Belvilla Awaits!" That kinda sets a high bar, doesn't it? And Paradise? Well, the drive in was scenic, I'll give it that. Coastal road, a bit of sun, the promise of something… well, paradisiacal. My initial issue? Accessibility. Ugh. See, I'd foolishly assumed "Paradise" meant, like, easy. Not so much. While they say they have Facilities for disabled guests, navigating the winding paths to certain villas felt like an Olympic sport. And honestly, the Elevator? Let’s just say, if you’re relying on it, bring a book. And a snack.
The Room – My Fortress of Solitude (And Occasional Mild Panic):
Once I finally wrestled my luggage (and my sanity) into the room, it was… alright. I opted for a place with a Window that opens (essential for a claustrophobe!) and a Balcony, which was nice. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – Praise be! Though, the signal sometimes felt weaker than my will to socialize after a long flight. Air conditioning, thankfully, but be warned, the control panel was a cryptic hieroglyphic. Took me a solid hour to crank it down to a tolerable temperature. The Bathroom? Fine. Though I did notice those little things like Towels, Complimentary toiletries, Slippers and Bathrobes, quite fancy. I loved the Additional toilet, which is very useful when you're sharing the place with your family.
Cleanliness and Safety – Are We Safe? (Or Just Extensively Disinfected?)
So, this is where they really go all-out. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Individually-wrapped food options, Room sanitization opt-out available. The place is practically dripping with sanitizing agents. I mean, I’m all for hygiene, but I half-expected a hazmat suit upon arrival. I guess it's a sign of the times, but the sheer volume of cleaning felt a little overkill. Staff trained in safety protocol, which is reassuring, though I did catch one guy awkwardly trying to disinfect a particularly stubborn sun lounger with what looked like industrial-strength bleach.
Dining, Drinking, Snacking – The Gastronomic Gauntlet:
Right, food. Where do I even begin? Restaurants: Plural! Poolside bar: Check! Room service [24-hour]: Glory be! (Especially after those accessibility escapades). The A la carte in restaurant was lovely. I had some great food here. I felt like I was at a restaurant. But, I do have to say that my favorite restaurant was the Vegetarian restaurant. I am not usually a vegetarian, but I definitely enjoyed the variety in food. The Coffee/tea in restaurant felt very good too. I could have stayed all day here. The Happy hour was good too. But, beware. You might wake up feeling a bit fragile! I did.
The Breakfast [buffet] was pretty standard buffet fare, but I did appreciate the Breakfast takeaway service for those bleary-eyed mornings. The Coffee shop served a decent latte. I had a great chat with the barista about the local area too, he was lovely.
My biggest gripe? The sheer volume of options. It was almost… overwhelming. And, the Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. I didn't even have to wash a plate. But great.
Things to Do – A Whirlwind of Relaxation (Or, How I Almost Became a Zen Master):
This is a big one. They really push the relaxation angle. And yeah, there's a lot going on. Pool with view, check. Sauna, Spa, Steamroom, check-check-check. Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage… Okay, so one day I decided to go full-on spa. First, I tried the Sauna. I'm not sure it was the best for me. But everyone seemed to love it. Then the treatment. I am not sure what it was really. But I felt relaxed. I do feel better about life in general. Swimming pool [outdoor]. Beautiful. I really recommend a dip here. The Fitness center has great equipment.
Look, if you really want to chill, you’ll probably find your nirvana somewhere in the mix. But me? I ended up feeling like I needed a vacation from my vacation!
Services and Conveniences – Does Anyone Actually Need This Much?
Okay, here's where things get a little… excessive. Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Currency exchange, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Car park [free of charge], Airport transfer, Valet parking… The sheer number of "services" felt a little… showy. I mean, I’m not exactly a high-roller, but I felt a bit like I was living in a hotel version of a Bond film. But it all works.
For the Kids – Bring the Army of Tikes!
Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal, They pretty much have it all. Seriously, if you're traveling with a mini-army, this place is practically a kids' paradise.
Getting Around – The Eternal Search for the Perfect Parking Spot:
The Car park [on-site] was… adequate. Not amazing. The Taxi service was efficient, though. I'd recommend the Car park [free of charge].
Accessibility – The Elephant in the Room (And Sometimes, The Stairs):
Right, back to this. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. If you have any mobility issues, do your research thoroughly before booking. While they claim to be accessible, the reality on the ground can be a bit… challenging. Ask specific questions, request photos before you commit, and don't be afraid to be that person. Otherwise, you might find yourself contemplating a career change to become a mountain goat.
In conclusion (Finally!):
Tenerife Paradise Found is… a lot. It's got good things, bad things, and things that frankly, leave you scratching your head. It definitely leans towards the luxurious, which is great if that's your thing. Whether it lives up to the "Paradise" label depends on your personal definition of paradise. Mine involves fewer stairs, less bleach, and a slightly less overwhelming buffet.
Would I go back? Maybe. If they promised to personally carry my luggage up Kilimanjaro, and offered a lifetime supply of coffee. Still, despite the quirks and the occasional accessibility issues, I did have a good time, and left with a few great memories (and a slight lingering scent of disinfectant). So, book with your eyes open, and prepare for an adventure. And maybe pack a spare pair of shoes… just in case. It's not perfect, but it's definitely… an experience.
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Wooden Chalet Near Spa, Belgium!Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is my attempt at a Belvilla by OYO La Ganania Tenerife takeover, warts and all. And believe me, there will be warts. And probably some glorious sunshine. And a whole lot of me talking to myself. Prepare yourselves…
The "Mostly Optimistic, Possibly Slightly Delusional" Belvilla Bonanza: La Ganania, Tenerife
Day 1: Arrival and the Glorious Quest for Coffee (and Sanity)
Morning (because who sleeps on vacation? …me, eventually): Arrive at Tenerife South Airport. Okay, first impressions. It's…hot. Like, "sweat you'll be drinking your own hydration" hot. Find the rental car. Pray to the gods of GPS that it works (spoiler alert: it probably won't). Drive to La Ganania. The anticipation is killing me! What does this place truly look like?
- Rambling Aside: Why is driving on the other side of the road SO HARD?! I swear, I'm going to end up in a ditch filled with prickly pear cacti. Also, I packed way too many shoes. And probably not enough sunscreen. This is a disaster. A slightly glamorous disaster, thanks to the panoramic views of Tenerife and the Atlantic Ocean from the very location of the Villa.
Afternoon: The Great Coffee Hunt and Terrace Exploration: Find La Ganania. This is the hardest part. I swear, I'll need a treasure map! We're at the villa, and I am speechless! It looks even better than the photographs. But first, COFFEE. Priority number one. Find a local cafe. Order coffee. Fail miserably with the Spanish, probably end up with something I didn't expect (see: the aforementioned cacti-filled ditch situation). Coffee procured (hopefully) and then, exploring the Villa's terrace. Soak up the views. Try not to let the jet lag completely annihilate me.
- Quirky Observation: Why do Spaniards seem to effortlessly glide through life whilst I, a mere mortal, am perpetually flustered? Is it the siestas? Is it the sangria? I need answers!
Evening: Unpacking and the "Pretend I Know How to Cook" Dinner: Unpack. Survey the kitchen. Contemplate cooking. Immediately abandon that idea. Order tapas or find a restaurant (which I've already failed, as I don't know how to navigate this country). Drink some wine. Revel in the sunset (because, seriously, the sunsets here are supposed to be epic).
- Confessional: I'm terrified of the rental car. Seriously, it's a death trap masquerading as a mode of transport. I will drive into a goat. It's inevitable. But hey, at least the views will be spectacular as I fail spectacularly.
Day 2: Teide Trek and (Potential) Emotional Breakdown
Morning: Teide Bound (ish): The plan: Conquer Mount Teide. The reality: Probably get winded walking to the car. Drive (carefully, very carefully) towards the national park. Stop at scenic viewpoints (for selfies, obviously).
- Emotional Reaction: I'm already feeling a mix of awe and terror. The thought of climbing a volcano is both incredibly exciting and deeply intimidating. What if I can't breathe? What if I trip and embarrass myself in front of all the tourists? What if I see a spider the size of my head? (Okay, that last one is a legitimate fear).
Afternoon: Hiking (or, Fine, Strolling) and Volcano Vibes: Okay, full disclosure: I'm not a hiker. More of a "stroll-around-looking-at-stuff" person. So, we'll take a relatively easy path. Soak in the otherworldly landscape. Take a lot of photos. Probably buy a cheesy souvenir.
- Messy Structure/Rambling: Okay, so the altitude is a killer. I'm gasping for air like a beached guppy. But the views! THE VIEWS! They're breathtaking. Literally. And also metaphorically. You know, if you are emotionally moved by seeing a massive volcano. I am. Very. Moved.
Evening: Post-Teide Triumph (and Exhaustion) Dinner: Reward ourselves with a delicious, well-deserved dinner. Maybe try some local Canarian cuisine. Pray it's not too spicy. Collapse into bed, completely and utterly shattered but happy.
- Opinionated Language: This day will either be the best or the worst. There is no in between. Either way, I will survive. I have to. I have a whole vacation to ruin er, enjoy!
Day 3: Beach Day and the Pursuit of Relaxation
Morning: Beach Bliss (or Sand-Related Misery): Head to a local beach. Because, hello, VACATION. Find a spot. Slather on sunscreen (the good stuff, not the stuff that smells like grandma's perfume). Read a book. Nap. Get sand in places you didn't know sand could get.
- Doubling Down on the Single Experience: I want to emphasize the "nap" part here. I'm talking full-on, blissful, drool-on-your-towel nap. No distractions. No responsibilities. Just pure, unadulterated relaxation. That's the goal. That's the mission.
Afternoon: Ocean Dip and Water-Related Shenanigans: Brave the Atlantic. It will be cold. It will be bracing. I will scream (probably). But I'll do it. Maybe try some water sports. Or, you know, just float around and look at the waves.
- Stronger Emotional Reaction: Cold water is my nemesis. I'm going to hate it. But also, I'm going to love it. Because I'm a masochist. And because the ocean is beautiful. Even when it's trying to freeze me to death.
Evening: Seafood Feast and Sunset Gazing: Find a restaurant on the beach and have a seafood dinner, ideally looking towards the sunset. This is non-negotiable. Order a cocktail (or three). Embrace the vacation vibes.
- Honest Confession: I will probably eat too much. I will definitely drink too much. And I won't regret it. Not even a little bit.
Day 4: Whale Watching (and Sea Sickness?)…and the "Just Kidding, I'm Cooking" Surprise
Morning: Whale Watching Adventure (potentially): Book a whale watching tour. Hold onto my hat (and my stomach). Pray I don't get seasick. If I do, well, at least the whales will have a show.
- Imperfect Anecdote: Heard from a friend to take motion sickness pills. Of course, I forgot. We'll see how this goes if I have to feed the fishes.
Afternoon: Post-Seasickness Recovery (hopefully): If I survive the boat trip, I'll need some serious recovery time. Walk around the harbor. Breathe the fresh air (or, you know, whatever air is available).
- Opinionated outburst: I swear, if I spend half the day throwing up, I'm going to demand a refund! But the whales better be worth it. They better be spectacular.
Evening: Surprise Dinner and "I Can’t Believe I’m Doing This" Cooking: Okay, the actual surprise is me cooking dinner. I know, I know. Shocking. Even I am surprised. But I'm going to try. Maybe something simple. Pasta? Salad? Maybe I won't burn the entire kitchen down. I'm calling this Dinner Disaster: The Sequel.
- Stream-of-Consciousness: Okay, so the kitchen in the villa is actually pretty nice. And they have all the equipment. Maybe I can do this. Pasta? Yes! Garlic? Yes! Herbs? Yes! Wait, what kind of herbs? And why is the oven so complicated? Maybe take-out is still an option. A very tempting option.
Day 5: Departure (and the Sad Reality of Leaving Paradise)
Morning: Last-Minute Souvenir Shopping and Heartbreak: One last attempt to buy tacky souvenirs (because, you know, duty). Walk on the beach for the last time. Sigh dramatically.
- More Rambling: I can't believe I'm leaving. I feel like I'm only just starting to get the hang of things. Like, I’m starting to understand the concept of “mañana.” And the language a little bit. Everything is so beautiful. And I’m not sure I'm ready to go back to reality.
Afternoon: Farewell Lunch and Airport Shenanigans: Enjoy a final, delicious lunch at a restaurant. Drive to the airport. Return the rental car (without crashing it, hopefully). Pray the flight isn't delayed.
- Final Confession: I'm going to miss this place. A lot. And I'm already planning my return. Because, let's face it, I need another chance to conquer that rental car. And the coffee. And the Teide. And, you know, everything